The effect of dihydroquercetin on active and passive ion transport systems in plant vacuolar membrane
- 56 Downloads
The effect of dihydroquercetin (DHQ) on proton pumps of the vacuolar membrane (H+-ATPase and H+-pyrophosphatase), slow vacuolar (SV) channel, lipid peroxidation, and stability of isolated vacuoles was studied. The results of experiments showed that DHQ affected active and passive transport systems of the vacuolar membrane. The mechanism of action of DHQ may be based on its combined effect on the sulfhydryl groups of proteins and the lipid component of the membrane. The strong stabilizing effect of DHQ on the membranes of isolated vacuoles may be associated not only with its antioxidant properties but also with changes in the membrane permeability affecting the ion channels.
KeywordsProton Pump Hydrolytic Activity Biology Bulletin Vacuolar Membrane Dihydroquercetin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Korzun, A.M., Nurminskii, V.N., Rozinov, S.V., and Salyaev, R.K., Effect of Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO) on the Membrane Conductivity of an Isolated Vacuole, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 2001, vol. 381, no. 5, pp. 691–693 [Dokl. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 381, no. 5, pp. 409–411].Google Scholar
- Korzun, A.M., Rozinov, S.V., and Abashin, G.I., An Operational Amplifier B1404UD1A-1 in the Patch-Clamp Currentto-Voltage Converter, Biol. Membr., 1997, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 219–223.Google Scholar
- Mel’nikova, N.B. and Ioffe, I.K, Biocompatibility of Dihydroquercetin with Lipophilic and Hydrophilic Biomembrane Fragments: Effect of Metal Ions and Ascorbic Acid, Khim. Rast. Syr’ya, 2002, no. 2, pp. 93–103.Google Scholar
- Nikulina, G.N., “Obzor metodov kolorimetricheskogo opredeleniya fosfora po obrazovaniyu “molibdenovoi sini” (Survey of Methods of Colorimetric Determination of Phosphorus by the Formation of Molybdenum Blue), Moscow: Nauka, 1965.Google Scholar
- Reilly, C.A. and Aust, S.D., Measurement of Lipid Peroxidation, in Current Protocols in Toxicology, Maines, M.D., Costa, L.G., Reed, D.J., et al., Eds., New York: Wiley, 1999.Google Scholar
- Salyaev, R.K., Kuzevanov, V.Ya., Khaptagaev, S.B., and Kopytchuk, V.N., Isolation and Purification of Vacuoles and Vacuolar Membranes from Plant Cells, Fiziol. Rast., 1981, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 1295–1305.Google Scholar
- Vladimirov, Yu.A. and Archakov, A.P., Perekisnoe okislenie v biologicheskikh membranakh (Peroxidative Reactions in Biological Membranes), Moscow: Nauka, 1972.Google Scholar