Using Crosslinked Polyvinyl Alcohol Granules for the Determination of the Composition of Mixed Electrolyte Solutions
- 14 Downloads
A method is considered for determining concentrations of components in solutions of two electrolytes with one common ion. We used optical micrometry by measuring the degree of swelling of granules of crosslinked polyvinyl alcohol in a test solution. To determine the concentration, the test solution was successively diluted, and a set of polymer swelling values was obtained. The data were used to build a total calibration curve for this mixture. Concentrations of the components of the solution were found by the least squares method, the software implementation of which is based on the coordinate descent.
Keywords:determination of concentrations optical micrometry polymer gels electrolyte solutions mathematical processing of the results
The study was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 18-03-00397. Part of the work was performed in the framework of the State Assignment of the Kurnakov Institute of General and Iorganic Chemistry , Russian Academy of Sciences, in the field of fundamental scientific research.
- 1.Freeman, D.H., Precise studies of ion exchange systems using microscopy, in Ion Exchange, Marinsky, J.A., Ed., New York: Marcel Dekker, 1966, vol. 1, chapter 5.Google Scholar
- 2.Kovaleva, S.S. and Ferapontov, N.B., Sorbtsionnye Khromatogr. Protsessy, 2007, vol. 7, no. 6, p. 883.Google Scholar
- 3.Kavalerskaya, N.V. and Ferapontov, N.B., Sorbtsionnye Khromatogr. Protsessy, 2009, vol. 9, no. 3, p. 433.Google Scholar
- 5.Postnikov, V.A., Kraiskii, A.V., and Sergienko, V.I., in Holography: Basic Principles and Contemporary Applications, Mihaylova, E., Ed., Dublin: InTech, 2013, p. 103.Google Scholar
- 6.Ferapontov, N.B., Rubin, F.F., and Kovaleva, S.S., RF Patent 228250, Byull. Izobret., 2006, no. 24.Google Scholar
- 8.Yamskov, I.A., Budanov, M.V., and Davankov, V.A., Bioorg. Khim., 1979, vol. 5, no. 5, p. 757.Google Scholar