Use of Multiple Square Wave Voltammetry for the Detection of Diquat Herbicide in Environmental Water, Foods and River Sediments
- 51 Downloads
This paper reports the use of multiple square wave voltammetry (MSWV) in the development of a simple, sensitive, fast and low-cost electroanalytical procedure for the diquat herbicide detection in different samples employing a custom-made gold microelectrode (Au-ME). The experimental and voltammetric parameters were optimized, and the use of eight pulses superimposed in each step in the MSWV yielded the detection limits two orders of magnitude greater than those obtained by SWV or previously published chromatographic procedures. Also, the Au-ME allied to MSWV was used to determine diquat in beetroot, onion, peach, environmental water and river sediments. All samples were spiked, and the obtained recovery percentage values were satisfactory for the analytical procedure, showing that Au-ME and MSWV is a suitable tool for diquat residues detection in complex samples.
Keywordsdirect analysis diquat gold microelectrode multiple square wave voltammetry sensitivity square wave voltammetry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 15.U.S. Federal Register. www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPAPEST/1997/August/Day-29/p23094.htm. Accessed June, 2015.Google Scholar
- 17.Wightman, R.M. and Wipf, D.O., in Electroanalytical Chemistry, Bard, A.J., Ed., New York: Marcel Dekker, 1984, vol. 14, p. 267.Google Scholar
- 19.Mirceski, V., Komorsky-Lovric, S., and Lovric, M., Square Wave Voltammetry: Theory and Applications, Berlin: Springer, 2007.Google Scholar
- 26.Skoog, D.A., West, D.M., and Holler, F.J., Fundamentals of Analytical Chemistry, Philadelphia: Saunders College, 1996.Google Scholar
- 27.Mudroch, A., CRC Handbook of Techniques for Aquatic Sediments Sampling, Boca Raton, FL: CRC, 1991.Google Scholar
- 31.European Commission. Directorate-General Health and Consumer Protection. http://ec.europa.eu/food/fs/sfp/ph_ps/pro/eva/existing/list1_diquat_en.pdf. Accessed April 19, 2015.Google Scholar