Potentiometric determination of dysprosium(III) ion using zirconium(IV) antimonomolybdate as an electroactive material
- 46 Downloads
Membranes containing varying compositions of electroactive material and epoxy resin as binder have been prepared and it has been shown that the one having composition 60% ZrSbMo and 40% epoxy resin exhibits best performance. The membrane demonstrates excellent response in the concentration range of 10−4 to 10−1 M Dy(III) ion with super-Nernstian slope of 44.0 mV/decade and fast response time of less than 10 s. Effect of internal solution was studied and the electrode was successfully used in partially non-aqueous medium. The proposed sensor revealed good selectivity with respect to alkali, alkaline earth, some transition and rare earth metal ions. It can be used in the pH range of 2.10–9.80. The sensor was used as an indicator electrode in the potentiometric titration of Dy(III) ion against EDTA.
Key wordspotentiometry determination of disprosium zirconium(IV) antimonomolybdate electroactive materials
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Gao Baisbeng, Present and Future Situation of Rare Earth Research in Chinese Agronomy: New Frontiers in Rare Earth Science and Applications, Xu Guangxian and Xiano Jimei, Eds., Bejing: Science, 1985.Google Scholar
- 3.Gu Zhimang, Wang Xiaorang, Cheng Jing, Wang Lian-sheng, and Dai Lemej, Chem. Specific. Bio-availability, 2000, vol. 12, no. 2, p. 53.Google Scholar
- 4.Hopkins, B.S., Chemistry of the Rare Elements, Boston: D.C. Heath and Company, 1923.Google Scholar
- 12.Gupta, A.P. and Verma, G.L., and Agrawal, H., Ind. J. Chem., 2003, vol. 42A, p. 1910.Google Scholar
- 16.Kraus, K.A., Phillips, H.O., Carlson, T.A., and Johnson, J.S., Proc. 2nd UN Conf. Peaceful Uses At. Energy, Geneva, 1958, vol. 28, p. 3.Google Scholar
- 17.Amphlett, C.B., Proc. 2nd UN Conf. Peaceful Uses At. Energy, Geneva, 1958, vol. 28, p. 17.Google Scholar
- 18.Amphlett, C.B., Inorganic Ion Exchangers, Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1964.Google Scholar
- 24.Jain, A.K., Singh, R.P., and Bala, C., Anal. Lett., 1982, vol. 15, p. 1557.Google Scholar