Synthesis and study of the sorption properties of 4-hydroxybenzoic acid-imprinted polymers
- 60 Downloads
4-Hydroxybenzoic acid-imprinted polymers and corresponding reference polymers were synthesized with the use of 4-vinylpyridine, acrylamide, and methacrylic acid as functional monomers. The specific surface area of these materials was estimated, and their sorption properties were studied. It was found that the main factors affecting the sorption capacity of molecularly imprinted polymers are the nature of the functional monomer and the cross-linking agent, the ratio of components in the prepolymerization mixture, and the conditions of sorption. The synthesized materials can be used for the dynamic sorption preconcentration of 4-hydroxybenzoic acid.
KeywordsPolymer Analytical Chemistry Specific Surface Acrylamide Sorption Capacity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Andersson, L.I., J. Chromatogr., B, 2000, vol. 745, p. 3.Google Scholar
- 3.Dmitrienko, S.G., Irkha, V.V., Kuznetsova, A.Yu., and Zolotov, Yu.A., Zh. Anal. Khim., 2004, vol. 59, no. 9, p. 902 [J. Anal. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 59, no. 9, p. 808].Google Scholar
- 4.Eksperimental’nye metody v adsorbtsii i molekulyarnoi khromatografii (Experimental Methods in Adsorption and Molecular Chromatography), Kiselev, A.V. and Dreving, V.P., Eds., Moscow: Mosk. Gos. Univ., 1973, p. 213.Google Scholar
- 8.Ping Li, Fei Rong, Yibing Xie, Van Hu, and Chunwei Yuan, Zh. Anal. Khim., 2004, vol. 59, no. 10, p. 1043 [J. Anal. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 59, no. 10, p. 939].Google Scholar
- 9.Medvedeva, O.M., Cand. Sci. (Chem.) Dissertation, Moscow, 2004.Google Scholar