Templateless Synthesis of Organosilica Nanotoroids. The Effect of Precursor Concentration
- 7 Downloads
The features of (γ-mercaptopropyl)trimethoxysilane (MPTMS) hydrolytic condensation in alkaline aqueous solutions have been studied. The interrelation between the process time, MPTMS concentration, and structure-related morphological characteristics of the obtained organosilica (silsesquioxane) particles has been determined. It has been shown that toroidal particles are mainly formed at low precursor concentrations (≤2.5 mM) in a solution. The formation kinetics of such nanotoroids has been analyzed, and preliminary data have been obtained on the mechanism of this process. These data have been discussed taking into account the information available from the literature on the structure of silsesquioxanes and the role of disulfide bonds in the formation of anisotropic particles of these compounds.
This work was performed within the framework of a state order to the Frumkin Institute of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interes-t.
- 2.Croissant, J.G., Fatieiev, Y., and Khashab, N.M., Adv. Mater., 2017, vol. 29, p. 1 604 634.Google Scholar
- 5.Shah, K.W., PhD Thesis (National Univ. of Singapore, 2011).Google Scholar
- 8.Johnston, A.P.R., Battersby, B.J., Lawrie, G.A., and Trau, M., Chem. Commun., 2005, p. 848.Google Scholar
- 10.Miller, C.R., Vogel, R., Surawski, P.P.T., Corrie, S.R., Ruhmann, A., and Trau, M., Chem. Commun., 2005, p. 4783.Google Scholar
- 17.Mangos, D.N., Nakanishi, T., and Lewis, D.A., Sci. Technol. Adv. Mater., 2014, vol. 15, p. 1.Google Scholar
- 29.Bellamy, L., The Infrared Spectra of Complex Molecules, London: Methuen, 1957.Google Scholar