Pretreatment of Celgard Matrices with Peroxycarbonic Acid for Subsequent Deposition of a Polydopamine Layer
It has been shown that the pretreatment of Celgard polyolefin membranes in the presence of peroxycarbonic acid, which is formed upon saturation of a hydrogen peroxide solution with carbon dioxide under high pressure, improves the characteristics of composites that are obtained on their basis by depositing a polydopamine layer via oxidative polymerization. As compared with the initial matrices that have not been subjected to the pretreatment, the pretreated matrices with the deposited polydopamine layer advantageously combine better wettability with polar media and an increased ion transport selectivity imparted to them in combination with the preserved high ionic conductivity. This effect is achieved due to a decrease in the effective pore diameter. The revealed positive effect of the pretreatment may be related to the oxidative activity of peroxycarbonic acid, which gives rise to the formation of anchor functional groups on the matrix surface. Apparently, these groups facilitate subsequent uniform deposition of polydopamine in all matrix regions, including deep and fine pores due to the high pressure applied.
We are grateful to the Department of Structural Research of the Institute of Organic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, for the study of samples by electron microscopy.
This work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation, project no. 16-13-10338.
- 13.Gong, S.-J., Kim, D., Cho, E., Hwang, S.S., and Won, J., Chem. Select., 2017, vol. 2, p. 1843.Google Scholar
- 42.Ryou, M.-H., Lee, Y.M., Park, J.-K., and Choi, J.W., Adv. Mater. (Weinheim, Fed. Repub. Ger.), 2011, vol. 23, p. 3066.Google Scholar
- 53.Zefirov, V.V., Lyubimtsev, N.A., Stakhanov, A.I., El’manovich, I.V., Kondratenko, M.S., and Gallyamov, M.O., Territorija NEFTEGAZ, 2018, no. 4, p. 38.Google Scholar
- 54.Stalder, A.F., Melchior, T., Muller, M., Sage, D., Blu, T., and Unser, M., Colloids Surf. A, 2010, vol. 364 P, p. 72.Google Scholar
- 56.Karpushkin, E.A., Gvozdik, N.A., Levitskiya, O.A., Sergeyev, V.G., and Magdesieva, T.V., Colloid Polym. Sci. (in press).Google Scholar
- 60.Kashin, A.S. and Ananikov, V.P., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2011, p. 2551.Google Scholar
- 62.Andreeva, A.S., Gallyamov, M.O., Pyshkina, O.A., Sergeev, V.G., and Yaminskii, I.V., Russ. J. Phys. Chem., 1999, vol. 73, p. 1858.Google Scholar