Specific features of polyol synthesis of silver nanoparticles with the use of solid carboxylates as precursors
- 78 Downloads
Electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, and chromatography-mass spectrometry have been employed to investigate the reduction of solid silver caprylate in ethylene glycol with the formation of silver nanoparticles. The structural characteristics of silver nanoparticles have been studied as depending on the conditions of their synthesis, including temperature, reduction time, and silver salt concentration. It has been found that, in the studied range of parameters under the conditions, when solid silver caprylate is dispersed in ethylene glycol, the characteristics of resulting nanoparticles are almost independent of the synthesis temperature. This peculiarity is related to the fact that the formation and growth of nanoparticles occur on the surface of silver salt crystals and are accompanied by gradual dissolution thereof. In this system, ethylene glycol plays the roles of a reductant and a solvent for liquid reaction products.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 12.Kamyshny, A., Steinke, J., and Magdassi, S., OAPJ, 2011, vol. 4, p. 19.Google Scholar
- 16.Lee, J.J., Park, J.C., Kim, M.H., Chang, T.S., Kim, S.T., Koo, S.M., You, N.C., and Lee, S.J., J. Ceram. Process. Res., 2007, vol. 8, p. 219.Google Scholar
- 24.Andreev, V.M., Burleva, L.P., Boldyrev, V.V., and Mikhailov, Yu.I., Izv. Sib. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1983, vol. 4, no. 2, p. 58.Google Scholar
- 25.Andreev, V.M., Burleva, L.P., and Boldyrev, V.V., Izv. Sib. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1983, vol. 5, no. 15, p. 3.Google Scholar
- 30.Bokhonov, B.B., Burleva, L.P., Whitcomb, D.R., and Usanov, Yu.E., J. Imaging Sci. Technol., 2001, vol. 45, p. 259.Google Scholar
- 34.Marchionni, G. and Tortelli, V., WO Patent 2010003931 A1, 2010.Google Scholar
- 36.James, T., The Theory of the Photographic Process, New York Macmillan, 1977.Google Scholar
- 37.Shapiro, B.I., Teoreticheskie nachala fotograficheskogo protsessa (Theoretical Principles of Photographic Process), Moscow Editorial URSS, 2000.Google Scholar