Electroconvective structures formed in a magnetic colloid layer
- 28 Downloads
The formation of cellular and labyrinth-like electroconvective structures in a thin layer of a magnetic colloid under the effect of a constant electric field has been studied. The time of structure formation has been measured, and it has been shown that this time declines with increasing electric field strength and electric conductivity of a medium. A constant magnetic field that is codirectional with the electric field has been established to shorten the time of the formation of electroconvective structures and the critical electric field strength at which structures arise.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Kozhevnikov, V.M., Chuenkova, I.Yu., Danilov, M.I., and Yastrebov, S.S., Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 2006, vol. 76, no. 7, p. 129.Google Scholar
- 6.Kozhevnikov, V.M., Chuenkova, I.Yu., Danilov, M.I., and Yastrebov, S.S., Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 2008, vol. 78, no. 2, p. 51.Google Scholar
- 8.Zakinyan, A.R., Vegera, Zh.G., and Borisenko, O.V., Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 2012, vol. 82, no. 3, p. 30.Google Scholar
- 9.Erin, K.V. and Dikanskii, Yu.I., Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 2009, vol. 35, no. 10, p. 58.Google Scholar
- 10.Dikansky, Yu.I. and Nechaeva, O.A., Magnetohydrodynamics, 2001, vol. 37, p. 394.Google Scholar
- 11.Dikansky, Yu.I. and Nechaeva, O.A., Magnetohydrodynamics, 2002, vol. 38, p. 287.Google Scholar