Spectrum of a Problem of Elasticity Theory in the Union of Several Infinite Layers
- 22 Downloads
The essential spectrum of the Dirichlet problem for the system of Lamé equations in a three-dimensional domain formed by three mutually perpendicular elastic layers occupies the ray [Λ†,+∞). The lower bound Λ† > 0 is the least eigenvalue (its existence is established) of the problem of elasticity theory in an infinite two-dimensional cross-shaped waveguide. It is proved that the discrete spectrum of the spatial problem is nonempty. Other configurations of layers and the scalar problem of the junction of quantum waveguides are also considered.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. A. Ladyzhenskaya, The Boundary Value Problems of Mathematical Problems (Izdatatel’stvo Nauka, Moscow, 1973; Springer-Verlag, New York, 1985).Google Scholar
- 2.G. Fichera, “Existence Theorems in Elasticity Theory,” in: Linear Theories of Elasticity and Thermoelasticity (Springer-Verlag, Berlin–Heidelberg, 1973; Existence Theorems in Elasticity Theory, Mir, Moscow, 1974).Google Scholar
- 4.G. P. Cherepanov, Mechanics of Brittle Fracture (Nauka, Moscow, 1974; McGraw-Hill, New York, 1979).Google Scholar
- 7.S. A. Nazarov, “Discrete Spectrum of Cranked Quantum and Elastic Wavegiodes,” Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz. 56 (5), 879–895 (2016) [Comput. Math. Math. Phys. 56, (5) 864–880 (2016)].Google Scholar
- 12.R. D. Mindlin, Waves and Vibration in Isotropic Elastic Plate (Structural Mechanics, Proceedings of the 1St Symposium of Naval Structural Mechanics. Pergamon Press, 1960).Google Scholar
- 14.V. A. Babeshko, E. V. Glushakov, and Zh. F. Zinchenko, Dynamics of Inhomogeneous Elastic Media (Nauka, Moscow, 1989).Google Scholar
- 19.S. A. Nazarov, “Discrete Spectrum of Cranked, Branching, and PeriodicWaveguides,” Algebra i Analiz 23 (2), 206–247 (2011) [St. Petersburg Math. J. 23, (2) 351–379 (2012)].Google Scholar
- 20.M. Dauge and N. Raymond, “Plane Waveguides with Corners in the Small Angle Limit,” J. Math. Phys. 53 (2012) DOI: 10.1063/1.4769993.Google Scholar
- 21.S. A. Nazarov, Asymptotic Theory of Thin Plates and Rodes. Dimension Reduction and Integral Estimates (Nauchnaya Kniga, Novosibirsk, 2002).Google Scholar