On the band spectrum of a Schrödinger operator in a periodic system of domains coupled by small windows
- 44 Downloads
A periodic system of domains coupled by small windows is considered. In a domain of this kind, we study the band spectrum of a Schrödinger operator subjected to the Neumann condition. We show that, near every isolated eigenvalue of a similar operator in the periodicity cell, there are several nonintersecting bands of the spectrum for the perturbed operator. We also discuss the position of points at which the band functions attain the edges of each band.
KeywordsAsymptotic Expansion Brillouin Zone Periodic System Essential Spectrum Band Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. L. Bakharev, K. Ruotsalainen, and J. Taskinen, “Spectral Gaps for the Linear Surface Wave Model in Periodic Channels,” preprint arXiv:1212.6615, 2012.Google Scholar
- 2.S. A. Nazarov, K. Ruotsalainen, and J. Taskinen, “Spectral Gaps in the Dirichlet and Neumann Problems on the Plane Perforated by a Doubleperiodic Family of Circular Holes,” Probl. Mat. Anal. 62, 51–100 (2011) [J. Math. Sci. 181 (2), 164–222 (2012)].Google Scholar
- 6.M. Sh. Birman, “Perturbations of the Continuous Spectrum of a Singular Elliptic Operator by Varying the Boundary and the Boundary Conditions,” Vestnik Leningrad. Univ. 17(1), 22–55 (1962) [M. Sh. Birman 80th anniversary collection. Providence, RI: Amer. Math. Soc. Transl. Ser. 2 225; Adv. Math. Sci. 62, 19–53 (2008)].MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- 7.R. R. Gadyl’shin, “Spectrum of Elliptic Boundary Value Problems with Singular Perturbation of Boundary Conditions,” in Asymptotic Properties of Solutions to Differential Equations (Ufa, BSC UB AS USSR, 1988), pp. 4–16 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.D. Borisov and K. Pankrashkin, “Gap Opening and Split Band Edges in Waveguides Coupled by a Periodic System of Small Windows,” Mat. Zametki 93(5), 665–683 [Math. Notes 93 (5), 660–675 (2013)].Google Scholar
- 11.S. A. Nazarov, “The Asymptotic Analysis of Gaps in the Spectrum of a Waveguide Perturbed with a Periodic Family of Small Voids,” Probl. Mat. Anal. 66, 101–146 (2012) [J. Math. Sci. 186 (2), 247–301 (2012)].Google Scholar
- 12.A. M. Il’in, Matching of Asymptotic Expansions of Solutions of Boundary Value Problems (“Nauka”, Moscow, 1989; Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1992).Google Scholar