Applying Impact Loading for Revealing Cracks in Glass by Acoustic Emission Method
- 1 Downloads
Results of studying regularities in the development of cracks in glass under impact loading using the method of acoustic emission (AE) and tensometry are presented. An experimental setup has been developed that provides a single dynamic action with further damping of elastic vibrations in a test object. It has been established that the relaxation of elastic stresses occurring near the crack after the impact is described by a logarithmic dependence. The parameters of the amplitude and time distributions of AE signals have been determined. A technique is proposed for dividing the total flow of AE signals into stationary groups with an exponential distribution of time intervals between the signals.
Keywordsacoustic emission amplitude distribution of signals dynamic tensometry impact loading stress relaxation crack glass
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Murav’ev, V.V. and Murav’eva, O.V., Evaluation of the growth of fatigue cracks in the side frames of trucks of freight cars by acoustic emission method, Deform. Razrushenie Mater., 2016, no. 9, pp. 24–29.Google Scholar
- 4.Murav’ev, V.V., Automated diagnostic stands for extending the service life of cast parts of carriages, Vestn. Kalashnikov Izhevsk State Tech. Univ., 2013, no. 4 (60), pp. 98–102.Google Scholar
- 5.Petersen, T.B., Acoustic emission in collisions of solids. Part 1, Kontrol’ Diagn., 2010, no. 2, pp. 18–24.Google Scholar
- 6.Petersen, T.B. and Shemyakin, V.V., Acoustic emission in collisions of solids. Part 2, Kontrol’ Diagn., 2010, no. 3, pp. 20–26.Google Scholar
- 7.Ser’eznov, A.N., Murav’ev, V.V., Stepanova, L.N., Kabanov, S.I., Kozhemyakin, V.L., El’tsov, A.E., and Lebedev, E.Yu., High-speed diagnostic acoustic-emission system, Defektoskopiya, 1998, no. 7, pp. 8–14.Google Scholar
- 8.Stepanova, L.N., Lebedev, E.Yu., Kabanov, S.I., El’tsov, A.E., Kozhemyakin, V.L., and Mel’nikov, D.S., Microprocessor compact strain gaging system, Kontrol’ Diagn., 2002, no. 8, pp. 41–45.Google Scholar
- 9.Stepanova, L.N., Bobrov, A.L., Kanifadin, K.V., and Chernova, V.V., Investigation of the main parameters of acoustic-emission signals during static and cyclic testing of 20GL steel samples, Deform. Razrushenie Mater., 2014, no. 6, pp. 41–45.Google Scholar
- 12.Murav’ev, V.V., Murav’ev, M.V., and Bekher, S.A., A novel technique of AE signal processing for upgrading the accuracy of flaw localization, Russ. J. Nondestr. Test., 2002, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 53–65.Google Scholar