3D pose estimation for articulated vehicles using Kalman-filter based tracking
- 134 Downloads
Knowledge about relative poses within a tractor/trailer combination is a vital prerequisite for kinematic modelling and trajectory estimation. In case of autonomous vehicles or driver assistance systems, for example, the monitoring of an attached passive trailer is crucial for operational safety. We propose a camerabased 3D pose estimation system based on a Kalman-filter. It is evaluated against previously published methods for the same problem.
Keywordsthe Kalman-filter pose estimetion tracking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Balcerak, D. Zöbel, and T. Weidenfeller, Patent DE 102006056408 A1 (Deutsches Patentund Markenamt, 112006).Google Scholar
- 2.C. Fuchs, S. Eggert, B. Knopp, and D. Zöbel, “Pose detection in truck and trailer combinations for advanced driver assistance systems,” in Proc. 13th Int. Conf. on Intelligent Autonomous Systems (Padua, 2014).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Fiala, “Artag, a fiducial marker system using digital techniques,” in Proc. IEEE Computer Society Conf. “Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2005” CVPR 2005 (San Diego, 2005), Vol. 2, pp. 590–596.Google Scholar
- 4.C. Fuchs, D. Zöbel, and D. Paulus, “3D pose detection for articulated vehicles,” in Proc. IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symp. (Ypsilanti, MI, 2014).Google Scholar
- 6.R. E. Kalman, “A new approach to linear filtering and prediction problems,” J. Fluids Eng. 82 (1), 35–45 (1960).Google Scholar
- 9.R. K. Lenz and R. Y. Tsai, “Techniques for calibration of the scale factor and image center for high accuracy 3D machine vision metrology,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intellig. 10 (5) (1988).Google Scholar
- 11.E. Olson, “AprilTag: a robust and flexible visual fiducial system,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) (Shanghai, May 2011), pp. 3400–3407.Google Scholar
- 12.D. Scaramuzza, “Omnidirectional vision: From calibration to robot motion estimation,” PhD Thesis (Citeseer, 2007).Google Scholar