A projection local image descriptor
- 103 Downloads
This paper presents a projection local image descriptor. The projection local image descriptor construction is based on the local image expansion into the set of Gauss-Laguerre circular harmonic functions in the support region of a keypoint. The keypoints detection method is considered. It is also based on the analysis of image projections on the set of Gauss-Laguerre circular harmonic functions. The efficient technique for descriptors elements computation is introduced. The 2D Hermite projection method is used to accelerate the local image descriptors construction. The proposed approach is tested on the task of image points matching. The test results approved the ability of acceleration of descriptors construction process up to several times.
KeywordsGauss-Laguerre circular harmonic functions Hermite functions projection method image keypoints local image descriptor keypoints matching
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Schaffalitzky and A. Zisserman, “Multi-View Matching for Unordered Image Sets,” in Proc. ECCV2002 (Copenhagen, 2008), pp. 414–431.Google Scholar
- 3.Cl. Morand, J. Benois-Pineau, J.-Ph. Domenger, J. Zepeda, E. Kijak, and Ch. Guillemot, “Scalable Object-Based Video Retrieval in HD Video Databases,” Image Commun. 25(6), 450–465 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.C. G. Harris and M. Stephens, “A Combined Corner and Edge Detector,” in Proc. 4th Alvey Vision Conf. (Manchester, 1998), pp. 147–151.Google Scholar
- 6.L. Sorgi, N. Cimminiello, and A. Neri, “Keypoints Selection in the Gauss Laguerre Transformed Domain,” in Proc. BMVC06 (Edinburgh, 2006), pp. 133–142.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Hse and A.R. Newton, “Sketched Symbol Recognition Using Zernike Moments,” in Proc. ICPR04 (Cambridge, 2004), pp. 367–370.Google Scholar