Adaptive correlation filters for pattern recognition
- 147 Downloads
Adaptive correlation filters based on synthetic discriminant functions (SDFs) for reliable pattern recognition are proposed. A given value of discrimination capability can be achieved by adapting a SDF filter to the input scene. This can be done by iterative training. Computer simulation results obtained with the proposed filters are compared with those of various correlation filters in terms of recognition performance.
Keywordspattern recognition correlation filters adaptive filters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. L. Horner and P. D. Gianino, “Phase-Only Matched Filtering,” Applied Optics 23, 812–816 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.D. Casasent, “Unified Synthetic Discriminant Function Computational Formulation,” Applied Optics 23(10), 1620–1627 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Arsenault and Y. Hsu, “Rotation Invariant Discrimination between Almost Similar Objects,” Applied Optics 22, 130–132 (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.B. V. K. Vijaya Kumar and L. Hassebrook, “Performance Measures for Correlation Filters,” Applied Optics 29(20), 2997–3006 (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.B. V. K. Vijaya Kumar, “Tutorial Survey of Composite Filter Designs for Optical Correlators,” Applied Optics 31(23), 4773–4801 (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.L. P. Yaroslavsky, in The Theory of Optimal Methods for Localization of Objects in Pictures, Ed. by E. Wolf (Optics XXXII, Elsevier, 1993), Vol. 145–201.Google Scholar
- 10.B. Javidi and J. Wang, “Design of Filters to Detect a Noisy Target in Nonoverlapping Background Noise,” Journal OSA (A) 11, 2604–2612 (1994).Google Scholar
- 11.V. Kober and J. Campos, “Accuracy of Location Measurement of a Noisy Target in a Nonoverlapping Background,” Journal OSA (A) 13, 1653–1666 (1996).Google Scholar
- 12.V. Kober and I. A. Ovseyevich, “Phase-Only Filter with Improved Filter Efficiency and Correlation Discrimination,” Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis 10(4), 514–519 (2000).Google Scholar