Quantum optics with quantum gases
- 80 Downloads
Quantum optics with quantum gases represents a new field, where the quantum nature of both light and ultracold matter plays equally important role. Only very recently this ultimate quantum limit of light-matter interaction became feasible experimentally. In traditional quantum optics, the cold atoms are considered classically, whereas, in quantum atom optics, the light is used as an essentially classical auxilary tool. On the one hand, the quantization of optical trapping potentials can significantly modify many-body dynamics of atoms, which is well-known only for classical potentials. On the other hand, atomic fluctuations can modify the properties of the scattered light.
PACS numbers03.75.Lm 42.50.-p 05.30.Jp 32.80.Pj
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Brennecke, T. Donner, S. Ritter, T. Bourdel, M. Kohl, and T. Esslinger, Nature 450, 268 (2007); Y. Colombe, T. Steinmetz, G. Dubois, F. Linke, D. Hunger, and J. Reichel, Nature 450, 272 (2007); S. Slama, S. Bux, G. Krenz, C. Zimmermann, and Ph. W. Courteille, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 053603 (2007).CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- 3.I. B. Mekhov, C. Maschler, and H. Ritsch, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 100402 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.I. B. Mekhov, C. Maschler, and H. Ritsch, Phys. Rev. A 76, 053618 (2007).Google Scholar
- 6.I. B. Mekhov and H. Ritsch, Phys. Rev. Lett 102, 020403 (2009).Google Scholar
- 8.C. Maschler and H. Ritsch, Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 260401 (2005).Google Scholar
- 9.W. Chen, D. Meiser, and P. Meystre, Phys. Rev. A 75, 023812 (2007); J. Larson, B. Damski, G. Morigi, and M. Lewenstein, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 050401 (2008); J. Larson, S. Fernandez-Vidal, G. Morigi, and M. Lewenstein, New J. Phys. 10, 045002 (2008); K. Eckert, O. Romero-Isart, M. Rodriguez, M. Lewenstein, E. Polzik, and A. Sanpera, Nature Phys. 4, 50 (2008); A. B. Bhattacherjee, Opt. Commun. 281, 3004 (2008); J. M. Zhang, W. M. Liu, and D. L. Zhou, Phys. Rev. A 77, 033620 (2008); J. M. Zhang, W. M. Liu, and D. L. Zhou, arXiv:0802.2573.Google Scholar