Normal state of highly polarized Fermi gases: Full many-body treatment
- 27 Downloads
We present a full many-body analysis of the problem of a single ↓ atom resonantly interacting with a Fermi sea of ↑ atoms. A series of successive approximations permits us to clarify the quite mysterious agreement between Monte Carlo results and approximate calculations taking only into account single particle-hole excitations. We show that it results from a nearly perfect destructive interference of the contributions of states with more than one particle-hole pair. Our treatment provides, at the same time, an essentially exact solution to this problem.
PACS numbers05.30.Fk 03.75.Ss 71.10.Ca 74.72.-h
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.C. Lobo, A. Recati, S. Giorgini, and S. Stringari, Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 200403 (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Pilati and S. Giorgini, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 030401 (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.F. Chevy, Phys. Rev. A 74, 063628 (2006).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Combescot, A. Recati, C. Lobo, and F. Chevy, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 180402 (2007).Google Scholar
- 7.N. V. Prokof’ev and B. V. Svistunov, Phys. Rev. B 77, 020408 (2008).Google Scholar
- 8.N. V. Prokof’ev and B. V. Svistunov, Phys. Rev. B 77, 125101 (2008).Google Scholar
- 9.R. Combescot and S. Giraud, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 050404 (2008).Google Scholar
- 10.S. Giraud and R. Combescot (in preparation).Google Scholar
- 12.Y. Shin, Phys. Rev. A 77, 041603(R) (2008) and references therein.Google Scholar
- 13.A. Recati, C. Lobo, and S. Stringari, Phys. Rev. A 78, 023633 (2008).Google Scholar