Ionization of a single hydrogen-like atom by laser pulse of near-atomic strength
- 34 Downloads
The dynamics of high-harmonic generation and atom ionization by a strong and superstrong laser field are studied. In contrast to many earlier works, the present theory does not impose limitations on the laser field’s strength. We solve the nonrelativistic problem of a single hydrogen-like atom’s ionization from the ground state by a short laser pulse of subatomic, atomic, and superatomic field strength. Within the framework of the proposed method, we investigated the matrix elements of the ionization transition and revealed its substantially nonlinear dependence on the laser field strength. Both ionization and recombination processes are taken into account. The proposed method enables us to take into account the arbitrary order multiphoton ionization processes.
PACS numbers32.80 Fb 42.50.Hz 31.15.Ar
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.M. Klaiber, K. Z. Hatsagortsyan, and C. H. Keitel, Phys. Rev. A 71, 03348 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Bauer, D. B. Milosevic, and W. Becker, Phys. Rev. A 72, 023415 (2005).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Dionissopoulou, T. Mercouris, and C. A. Nicolaides, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 29, 47874794 (1996).Google Scholar
- 10.A. V. Andreev, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 116, 793 (1999) [JETP 89, 421 (1999)].Google Scholar
- 12.C. Cohen-Tannoudji, B. Diu, and C. Laloe, Quantum Mechanics (Wiley, Paris, 1977).Google Scholar
- 14.Z. Chang, Phys. Rev. E 70, 043802 (2004).Google Scholar
- 15.V. Platonenko and V. Strelkov, Kvantovaya Elektron. 25, 582 (1998) [Quantum Electron. 28, 564 (1998)].Google Scholar
- 16.V. Platonenko, V. Strelkov, and A. Becker, Phys. Rev. A 71, 1 (2005).Google Scholar
- 19.V. Usachenko, V. Pazdersky, and J. McIver, Phys. Rev. A 69, 013406 (2004).Google Scholar