Generation of polarization-entangled photon pairs by a single crystal interferometric source pumped by femtosecond laser pulses
- 55 Downloads
Photon pairs highly entangled in polarization have been generated under femtosecond laser pulse excitation by a type-I crystal source operating in a single-arm interferometric scheme. The relevant effects of temporal walkoff existing in these conditions between the ordinary and extraordinary photons were experimentally investigated. By introducing a suitable temporal compensation between the two orthogonal polarization components, highly entangled pulsed states were obtained.
PACS numbers03.67.-a 03.67.Mn 03.67.Pp
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.G. Giorgi, G. Di Nepi, P. Mataloni and F. De Martini, Laser Phys. 13, 350 (2003); C. Cinelli, G. Di Nepi, F. De Martini, et al., Phys. Rev. A 70, 022321 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.C. Cinelli, M. Barbieri, R. Perris, et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 240405 (2005).Google Scholar
- 10.J. T. Barreiro, N. K. Langford, N. A. Peters, and P. G. Kwait, Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 260501 (2005).Google Scholar
- 12.Y. Nambu, K. Usami, Y. Tsuda, et al., Phys. Rev. A 66, 033816 (2002); Y.-H Kim, S. P. Kulik, and Y. Shih, Phys. Rev. A 62, 011802 (2000).Google Scholar
- 15.V. G. Dmitriev, G. G. Gurzadyan, and D. N. Nikogosyan, Handbook of Nonlinear Optical Crystals. Springer Series in Optical Sciences (Springer, New York, 1999).Google Scholar