Analysis of the dependence of the global load on the mechanical parameters of ice under interaction between an ice field and construction
- 17 Downloads
A series of problems concerning interaction between an ice field and a vertically plane construction has been solved numerically using a computing system based on the discontinuous Galerkin method. The results of calculations have been processed, and the maximum global load upon the construction at different physicomechanical parameters of ice has been analyzed based on these data. The chosen parameters were Young’s modulus, the yield stress, tensile stress, and plastic failure strain.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Blackerby and W. Wu, Numerical Simulation of Dynamic Ice Forces on Offshore Structures (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Karulin, A. Marchenko, M. Karulina, et al., in Proc. 22nd IAHR International Symposium on Ice, Singapore, 2014 (IAHR, 2014), p. 179.Google Scholar
- 5.E. Kim, PhD Thesis (Norw. Univ. Sci. and Technol., Trondheim, 2014).Google Scholar
- 8.B. Sand, PhD Thesis. (Luleå Univ. Technol., Luleå, 2008).Google Scholar
- 11.A. T. Bekker, Probabilistic Characteristics of Ice Loads on Constructions of the Continental Shelf (Dal’nauka, Vladivostok, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.V. A. Lobanov, Differ. Uravn. Protsessy Upr., No. 4, 19 (2008).Google Scholar
- 13.Yu. N. Orlova, Candidate’s Dissertation (Tomsk. Gos. Univ., Tomsk, 2014) [in Russian].Google Scholar