Seismic Attributes of the Podvodnikov Basin Basement
- 13 Downloads
The purpose of this work was to study the seismic attributes of the Podvodnikov Basin basement. It was found that these attributes, first of all, P-wave velocities of 5.9–6.2 km/s, the ratio VP/VS = 1.71, and the diffraction nature of the reflections from the basement indicate that the basin has a continental origin and that its tectonic development began at the pre-oceanic stage of evolution of the Arctic.
- 1.E. V. Artyushkov and P. A. Chekhovich, Arkt.: Ekol. Ekon., No. 2 (18), 26–34 (2015).Google Scholar
- 2.N. A. Karaev and Yu. P. Lukashin, Seismic Heterogeneity of the Earth’s Core in the Images of Scattered Waves Field (EAGE Geomodel’, Moscow, 2016), pp. 43–53 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Polovkov, D. A. Popov, and M. V. Musin, in Proc. 10th Int. Sci. Techn. Competition Conf. of Young Specialists “Geophysics 2015” (St. Petersburg, 2016), pp. 91–101 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.Geological Structures of the Arctic Basin, Ed. by A. Piskarev, V. Poselov, and V. Kaminsky (Springer, 2019).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Grantz, P. Hart, and V. Childers, Arctic Petrol. Geol., No. 35, 771–799 (London, 2011).Google Scholar