Changes in the Radiation State of Bottom Sediments in Yenisei Gulf
- 10 Downloads
This paper reports on the results of radiation monitoring of bottom sediments in Yenisei Gulf for the period from 1995 to 2016. Clear positive trends in changing the radiation situation have been established. The obtained results showed that the radiocesium activity decreased by half not only in the surface layer but also in different horizons within the bottom sediments. The avalanche sedimentation rates ranging from 3.2 to 5.9 mm per year were determined. To estimate the sedimentation rates in the geochemical barrier zone, an alternate technique was proposed.
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project nos. 18-05-00480 and 18-05-00740) and the Russian Science Foundation (project no. 14-50-00095).
- 1.En. E. Asadulin, A. Yu. Miroshnikov, A. A. Usacheva, and V. I. Velichkin, Dokl. Earth Sci. 461 (1), 270–272 (2015).Google Scholar
- 2.E. O. Dubinina, S. A. Kossova, A. Yu. Miroshnikov, and R. V. Fyaizullina, Oceanology (Engl. Transl.) 57 (1), 31–40 (2017).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Yu. Miroshnikov, Geoekol., Inzh. Geol., Gidrogeol., Geokriol., No. 6, 540–550 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.I. G. Semakin and E. K. Khenner, Information Systems and Models (Binom. Lab. Znanii, Moscow, 2005) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. V. Sivintsev, S. M. Vakulovskii, A. P. Vasil’ev, V. L. Vysotskii, A. T. Gubin, et al., Technogenic Radionuclides in the Seas Circumambient Russia (IzdAT, Moscow, 2005) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.T. C. Kenna and F. L. Sayles, J. Environ. Radioact., No. 60, 105–137 (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.O. V. Stepanets, A. P. Borisov, A. N. Ligaev, and E. M. Galimov, Geochem. Int. 39 (7), 683–691 (2001).Google Scholar