Age and Boundaries of the Olekma Magmatic Belt of the Selenga–Stanovoi Superterrane (Central Asian Mobile Belt)
- 16 Downloads
The Olekma magmatic belt of the Selenga–Stanovoi Superterrane within the Central Asian mobile belt is traced for a distance of more than 700 km. As a result of U–Pb geochronological studies, it was established that granitoids of the Olekma Complex have the Paleozoic age (355 ± 2 and 358 ± 2 Ma) in the eastern and central part of the belt, whereas consolidation of granitoids with a similar composition in the western segment occurred in the Early Mesozoic (237 ± 1 Ma). The formation of Mesozoic granitoids of the Olekma Complex occurred under the conditions of lithospheric extension, whereas Late Paleozoic granitoids were most likely formed during the collision of the Selenga–Stanovoi Superterrane and structures of the Baikal mountain area.
This study was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project nos. 13-05-00486, 14-05-00884, and 15-05-05555) and St. Petersburg State University (project no. 18.104.22.1684).
- 2.State Geological Map of the Russian Federation 1 : 1 000 000, the 3rd ed., Ser. Far-Eastern, Sheet No. O-51-Skovorodino (Karpinsky Russ. Geol. Res. Inst., St. Petersburg, 2009).Google Scholar
- 3.Geological Structure of Chita Oblast. Explanatory Note for Geological Map 1 : 500 000 (Chita, 1997).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. V. Kazitsin, G. V. Aleksandrov, E. N. Panov, et al., Mesozoic Metal-Bearing Intrusions in Shilka–Olekma District (North-Eastern Transbaikal Region) (Nedra, Moscow, 1967) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.M. E. Kazimirovskii, Geol. Geofiz. 45 (3), 347–362 (2004).Google Scholar
- 8.M. E. Kazimirovskii, G. P. Sandimirova, and E. V. Bankovskaya, Geol. Geofiz. 43 (11), 973–989 (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.N. N. Il’ina, V. S. Chukanova, and S. I. Dril’, in Proc. All-Russ. Conf. with International Participation “Geological Processes in the Lithospheric Plates’ Subduction, Collision, and Slide Environments” (Vladivostok, 2011), pp. 220–222.Google Scholar
- 11.K. R. Ludwig, U.S. Geol. Surv. Open-File Rep. No. 88-542 (1991).Google Scholar
- 12.K. R. Ludwig, Berkeley Geochronological Center Special Publication No. 4 (Berkeley Geochronol. Center, Berkeley, CA, 2003).Google Scholar