Rare Earth Elements in the Bottom Sediments of the East Arctic Seas of Russia as Indicators of Terrigenous Input
- 23 Downloads
The REE distribution was studied in the bottom sediments of the East Arctic shelf of Russia. It is established that sediments of the Laptev and western East Siberian seas are significantly enriched in REEs, the contents of which are much higher than those of other near-continental basins. The main REE sources are runoff of the Lena River, the basin of which comprises ancient crystalline shields and magmatic rocks enriched in LREEs with significant contribution from the coastal erosion of the ice complex from the Laptev Sea and western East Siberian Sea. The terrigenous flux with a specific REE composition is supplied to the Chukchi Sea through the Bering Strait.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. L. Yang, X. Y. Mao, X. X. Dai, et al., Chin. J. Polar Res. (Chin. Ed.) 13 (2), 91–106 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.R. B. Shakirov, A. V. Sorochinskaya, A. I. Obzhirov, and N. V. Zarubina, Vestn. Dal’nevost. Otd. Ross. Akad. Nauk, No. 6, 101–108 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Anikiev, O. V. Dudarev, G. M. Kolesov, A. I. Botsul, and D. Yu. Sapozhnikov, Geochem. Int. 35 (3), 320–330 (1997).Google Scholar
- 7.O. V. Dudarev, A. N. Charkin, N. E. Shakhova, A. K. Mazurov, and I. P. Semiletov, Modern Lithogenesis and Morphogenesis in East-Arctic Shelf of Russia (Tomsk Polytechn. Univ., Tomsk, 2016) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.N. V. Vladykin and T. S. Torbeeva, Russ. Geol. Geophys. 46 (10), 1038–1049 (2005).Google Scholar
- 10.A. V. Tolstov, Nauka Tekh. Yakutii, No. 2 (21), 16–23 (2011).Google Scholar
- 11.E. V. Lazareva, S. M. Zhmodik, N. S. Karmanov, et al., in Proc. Conf. Devoted the 80th Anni. Inst. Geol. Geophys. Siberian Branch USSR Acad. Sci. “Geology and Minerageny of Northern Eurasia” (Novosibirsk, 2017), pp. 123–124.Google Scholar
- 13.Ya. E. Yudovich and M. P. Ketris, Geochemical Indicators for Lithogenesis (Lithological Geochemistry) (Geoprint, Syktyvkar, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.A. V. Dubinin, Geochemistry of Rare Earth Elements in the Ocean (Nauka, Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.N. E. Shakhova, I. P. Semiletov, V. Sergienko, et al., Phil. Transact. Royal Soc. London. Ser. B. 373 (2052), (2015). doi 10.1098/rsta.2014.0451Google Scholar