Age and Sources of Metasandstone of the Chiney Subgroup (Udokan Group, Aldan Shield): Results of U–Th–Pb Geochronological (LA–ICP–MS) and Nd Isotope Study
- 16 Downloads
Results of U–Th–Pb LA–ICP–MS analysis of detrital zircons from metasandstones of the Chiney Subgroup (Udokan Group, Aldan Shield) have been obtained. It has been revealed that rocks of the Paleoproterozoic (about 1.90, 1.98, and 2.50 Ga) and Neoarchean (2.55 and 2.72 Ga) were their provenance sources. Deposition of the Chiney Subgroup occurred in the interval 1.87–1.90 Ga and was separated in time from the accumulation of the Kodar Subgroup siliciclastics (2.1–2.3 Ga).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. S. Fedorovskii, Stratigraphy of the Lower Proterozoic of Kodar and Udokan Ridges (Nauka, Moscow, 1972) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.State Geological Map of the Russian Federation 1: 1000000, New Ser., Sheets No. O-(50), O-(51), Explanatory Note, Ed. by E. P. Mironyuk (Karpinsky Russ. Geol. Res. Inst., St. Petersburg, 1998).Google Scholar
- 3.A. B. Kotov, V. P. Kovach, E. B. Sal’nikova, et al., in Proc. All-Russian Conference “Geodynamic Evolution of Lithosphere of Central Asian Mobile Belt (from Ocean to Continent)” (Inst. Earth’s Crust Siberian Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Irkutsk, 2016), pp. 141–142 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.N. G. Berezhnaya, E. V. Bibikova, A. V. Sochava, et al., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 302 (5), 1209–1212 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.A. M. Larin, A. B. Kotov, E. B. Sal’nikova, et al., Petrology 8 (3), 238–247 (2000).Google Scholar
- 11.E. Van Achterbergh, C. G. Ryan, S. E. Jackson, and W. L. Griffin, Mineral. Assoc. Can., Short Course Ser. 29, 239–243 (2001).Google Scholar
- 12.K. R. Ludwig, Berkeley Geochronological Center Special Publication No. 4 (Berkeley Geochronol. Center, Berkeley, CA, 2008).Google Scholar
- 13.G. E. Gehrels, in Tectonics of Sedimentary Basins: Recent Advances (Wiley-Blackwell, Chichester, 2012), pp. 47–62.Google Scholar
- 14.A. B. Kotov, Extended Abstract of Doctoral Dissertation in Geology and Mineralogy (Inst. Precambrian Geol. Geochronol., Russ. Acad. Sci., St. Petersburg, 2003).Google Scholar