Changes in the Duration of Stable Cold and Warm Seasons at the Beginning of the 21st Century in Russia
- 22 Downloads
This paper reports on changes in the dates of the beginning, end, and duration of the stable cold and warm seasons in Russia in the second half of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century. For 2001–2015, the duration of the cold period was significantly reduced by 30 days almost throughout the country. In the eastern European part of Russia, Southern Urals, these changes were caused by a later beginning of the winter; on the remaining territory, this happened because of the date shifting for both the beginning and the end of the stable cold season. The duration of the warm period increases everywhere due to the earlier end of the spring, except for south of the European part of Russia, Southern Yakutia, and the northern part of Western Siberia.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. I. Mokhov, V. A. Semenov, V. Ch. Khon, and F. A. Pogarskii, Led Sneg, No. 2 (122), 53–62 (2013).Google Scholar
- 2.GISTEMP Team 2017: GISS Surface Temperature Analysis, (GISTEMP). NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies. https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/.
- 3.The Second Assessment Report of Federal Service of Russia on Hydrometeorology and Monitoring of the Environment on Climate Change and their After-Effects in the Territory of Russian Federation (Federal Service of Russia on Hydrometeorology and Monitoring of the Environment, Moscow, 2014).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Eliseev, I. I. Mokhov, and N. Yu. Vakalyuk, Izv., Atmos. Ocean. Phys. 36 (1), 11–20 (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Popova, P. A. Morozova, and A. V. Shiryaeva, Led Sneg, No. 3, 84–92 (2014).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Popova and I. A. Polyakova, Led Sneg, No. 2 (122), 29–39 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Borzenkova and A. B. Shmakin, Led Sneg, No. 2 (118), 59–70 (2012).Google Scholar
- 10.A. V. Borzenkova and A. B. Shmakin, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Geogr., No. 4, 61–71 (2013).Google Scholar
- 12.V. V. Klimenko, A. G. Tereshin, and O. V. Mikushina, Nov. Teplosnabzh., No. 8 (96), 5–13 (2008).Google Scholar
- 14.D. A. Gur’yanov, Izv. Ross. Gos. Pedagog. Univ. im. A. I. Gertsena, No. 163, 107–113 (2013).Google Scholar
- 15.Russian Federation Governmental Decree No. 354 “About Communal Services Providing for Premises Owners and Users in Multicompartment and Domestic Buildings” (May 6, 2011). Collection of Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation No. 22, Section 3168 (2011).Google Scholar