Mineral Grains of Base and Precious Metals in the Surface Layer of Bottom Sediments in the Chukchi Sea
Data on electron microprobe X-ray analysis of mineral grains of base (Cu, Zn, Sn, Pb, Ni, Bi, and Mo) and precious metals (Ag, Au, Pd, and Pt) detected for the first time in the sediments of the Chukchi Sea are presented. The peculiarities of the morphology and chemical composition of the grains are considered along with their sources and distribution in the sediments.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Ivanova, A. N. Smirnov, and V. I. Ushakov, Cainozoic Ore-Genesis in Shelf Regions of Russia (Gramberg All-Russ. Res. Inst. Geol. Miner. Resour. World Ocean, St. Petersburg, 2005) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.L. K. Coachman, K. Aagaard, and R. B. Tripp, Bering Strait: The Regional Physical Oceanography (Univ. Washington Press, Seattle, WA, 1975).Google Scholar
- 4.Geology and Mineral Recourses of Russia, Vol. 5: Arctic and Far-Eastern Seas, Book 1: Arctic Seas (Karpinsky Russ. Geol. Res. Inst., St. Petersburg, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.I. B. Flerov, O. P. Dundo, E. A. Gusev, and V. L. Sukhoroslov, Rudy Met., Nos. 3–4, 165–166 (2011).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Kosheleva and D. S. Yashin, Bottom Sediments in Russia’s Arctic Seas (Gramberg All-Russ. Res. Inst. Geol. Miner. Resour. World Ocean, St. Petersburg, 1999) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.D. A. Dodin, Litosfera, No. 5, 15–35 (2009).Google Scholar