Zircons of Granitoids of the Yamal Peninsula Basement: Age and Composition of Inclusions
The zircons in granitoids from the basement of the Verkhnerechenskii oil exploration area (Yamal Peninsula, West Siberia) were studied. The U–Pb age of zircons was evaluated as 254.0 ± 3.0 Ma. It was found that the inclusions in zircons are represented by various minerals: fluorapatite, titanite, monazite-(Ce), albite, quartz, chamosite, and calcite. Most likely, the latter two minerals were formed separately from zircon but belonged to later secondary minerals (the rock propylitization products). In general, the accessory zircons and inclusions belonged to the “granite” association and crystallized synchronously in the Upper Permian.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. G. Areshev, V. P. Gavrilov, Ch. L. Dong, N. Zao, O. K. Popov, V. V. Pospelov, N. T. Shan, and O. A. Shnip, Geology and Petroleum Potential of Crystalline Basementof the Sunda Shelf (Neft’ Gaz, Moscow, 1997) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.K. S. Ivanov, Yu. V. Erokhin, V. S. Ponomarev, Yu.N. Fedorov, V. V. Kormil’tsev, A. G. Klets, and I. A. Sazhnova, The State, Trends, and Problems on Developing Oil and Gas Potential of Western Siberia (West-Siberian Sci. Res. Inst. Geol. Geophys., Tyumen, 2007), pp. 49–56.Google Scholar
- 3.V. S. Bochkarev, A. M. Brekhuntsov, and K. G. Lukomskaya, Gorn. Vedomosti, No. 8 (75), 136–140 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. V. Erokhin, V. V. Khiller, K. S. Ivanov, S. A. Ryl’kov, and V. S. Bochkarev, Litosfera, No. 5, 136–140 (2014).Google Scholar
- 5.S. L. Votyakov, K. S. Ivanov, Yu. V. Erokhin, V. V. Khiller, V. S. Bochkarev, A. V. Zakharov, and S. A. Korotkov, Litosfera, No. 3, 57–66 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. N. Fedorov, V. G. Krinochkin, K. S. Ivanov, A. A. Krasnobaev, and B. A. Kaleganov, Dokl. Earth Sci. 397 (5), 628–631 (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. V. Erokhin and K. S. Ivanov, Vestn. Ural. Otd. Ross. Mineral. O-va, No. 12, pp. 31–39 (2015).Google Scholar