Climatic Changes in the Dynamic Topography and Geostrophic Circulation of the Arctic Ocean
- 25 Downloads
According to historical oceanographic data, anomalies in the dynamic topography during the winter period were calculated and two climatic stages of dynamic condition of the Arctic Ocean were defined: 1949–1993 and 2007–2013. The associativity of opposition of anomalies in the dynamic topography of the Eurasian and Amerasian basins with fluctuations in the thermal condition of the Northern Atlantic and Pacific oceans, the indexes of atmospheric circulation, river runoff, and change in the area of ice in August of the Laptev, East Siberian, and Chukchi seas is established.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. A. Timokhov, N. V. Lebedev, V. Yu. Karpii, and E. G. Nikiforov, Probl. Arkt. Antarkt., No. 2 (91), 89–102 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.G. K. Korotaev, in Modern Problems on Dynamic of the Ocean and Atmosphere (Triada, Moscow, 2010), pp. 79–98 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.I. V. Polyakov, I. A. Dmitrenko, V. V. Ivanov, H. L. Simmons, J. E. Walsh, A. Beszczynska, E. Fahrbach, R. Gerdes, M. Karcher, F. Kauker, U. Schauer, E. C. Carmack, I. E. Frolov, V. T. Sokolov, L. A. Timokhov, E. Hansen, J. Holfort, M. A. Johnson, J. Morison, M. Steele, and J. E. Walsh, Geophys. Res. Lett. 32, L17605. doi 10.1029/2005GL0237402005Google Scholar
- 6.L. Timokhov, I. Ashik, S. Kirillov, V. Sokolov, I. Dmitrenko, H. Kassens, J. Hoelemann, and I. Polyakov, Polarforschug 81 (2), 85–102 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.Estimating the Circulation & Climate of the Ocean. http://www.eccogroup.org/products.htm.
- 10.U. S. Joint, Russian Atlas of the Arctic Ocean. Oceanography Atlas for the Winter 1997 and Summer Period 1998. Environmental Working Group (Univ. Colorado, Boulder, CO, 2011).Google Scholar
- 11.H. U. Sverdrup, M. W. Johnson and R. H. Fleming, The Oceans (Prentice-Hall, New York, 1942).Google Scholar