New U–Pb isotopic data for detrital zircons from metasedimentary sequences of northwestern Taimyr
- 35 Downloads
This work presents the U–Pb (LA–ICP–MS) data of detrital zircons from metasedimentary sequences of northwestern Taimyr. An analysis of the youngest populations of detrital zircons testifies to the wide distribution of Cambrian sequences in the study area, but not Precambrian sequences as was considered earlier, and the need for a substantial revision of the stratigraphic scheme of this area. The detrital zircon age distribution shows that the Timan margin of the Baltic paleocontinent was a major provenance area of the Cambrian sediments in northern and northwestern Taimyr, as well as the coeval sediments of the Severnaya Zemlya archipelago.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Vernikovsky, Geodynamic Evolution of Taimyr Folded Region (Trofimuk Inst. Petrol. Geol. Geophys., Siberian Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Novosibirsk, 1996) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.L. M. Parfenov, N. A. Berzin, A. I. Khanchuk, et al., Tikhookean. Geol., No. 6, 7–42 (2003).Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Prokopiev, V. B. Ershova, E. L. Miller, et al., Russ. Geol. Geophys., vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 1195–1204.Google Scholar
- 7.State Geological Map of the Russian Federation 1:1000000, the 3rd Generation, Sheet No. S-47-49-Taimyr Lake, Explanatory Note, Ed. by Yu. E. Pogrebitskii and N. K. Shanurenko (Karpinsky Russ. Geol. Res. Inst., St. Petersburg, 1998).Google Scholar
- 8.State Geological Map of the Russian Federation 1:1000000, the 3rd ed., Sheet no. S-44-46-Ust-Tareya, Explanatory Note, Ed. by Yu. E. Pogrebitskii and B. G. Lopatin (Karpinsky Rus. Geol. Res. Inst., St. Petersburg, 2000).Google Scholar
- 9.K. R. Ludwig, User’s Manual for ISOPLOT/Ex. Ver. 3.00. A Geochronological Toolkit for Microsoft Excel. Berkeley Geochronological Center Special Publication (Berkeley Geochronol. Center, Berkeley, CA, 2003).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Lorenz, D. G. Gee, and A. Simonetti, Norw. J. Geol. 88 (4), 235–258 (2008).Google Scholar
- 12.A. A. Makar’ev and E. M. Makar’eva, Razved. Okhr. Nedr, No. 8, 71–77 (2012).Google Scholar
- 14.R. Lahtinen, A. A. Garde, and V. A. Melezhik, Episodes 31 (1), 20–28 (2008).Google Scholar