Alkanes in Quaternary deposits of the Laptev Sea
- 22 Downloads
The distribution and genesis of n-alkanes in sediments from the 38-m sequence obtained during core boring in the Ivashkina lagoon were studied. Sediments were formed in the Holocene as a result of thermokarst and penetration of seawater. The sequence mostly includes permafrost rocks partially molten in the upper horizons and covered by Quaternary deposits, which are mostly the products of thermoabrasion.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.The Organic Carbon Cycle in the Arctic Ocean, Ed. by R. Stein and R. W. MacDonald (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2004).Google Scholar
- 6.E. A. Slagoda, Cryogenic and Lithogenic Deposits in Marine Plain of Laptev Sea: Lithology and Micromorphology (Ekspress, Tyumen, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.N. N. Romanovskii, Foundations of Lithosphere Cryogenesis (Moscow State Univ., Moscow, 1993) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.R. Stein and K. Fahl, in The Organic Carbon Cycle in the Arctic Ocean, Ed. by R. W. MacDonald and R. Stein (Springer, Berlin, 2004), pp. 213–237.Google Scholar
- 9.V. I. Petrova, G. I. Batova, A. G. Zinchenko, A. V. Kursheva, and E. V. Narkevskiy, in The Organic Carbon Cycle in the Arctic Ocean, Ed. by R. W. MacDonald and R. Stein (Springer, Berlin, 2004), pp. 204–212.Google Scholar