Ionic composition of pore water in shallow shelf deposits of the Laptev Sea
- 28 Downloads
The cationic and anionic compositions of pore water in shallow deposits of Buor-Khaya Bay is studied. Significant concentration heterogeneity of the vertical ionic profile in the studied drill columns is shown. It is established that the vertical ionic profile of shelf deposits of the Laptev Sea is basically formed under the influence of thawing of underwater permafrost, hydrodynamic conditions, the water mass, and heat flows and depends on the lithological and granulometric types of the deposits. The highest concentrations of ions are registered in plant detritus represented by ground grass vegetation. A relationship between the ionic composition of pore water and cryogenic state of the sequence and its variability is demonstrated using the method of major components.
KeywordsPore Water Wood Residue DOKLADY Earth Science Ionic Composition Plant Detritus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. V. Shishkina, Geochemistry of Marine and Oceanic Interstitial Waters (Nauka, Moscow, 1972) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. N. Gurskii, Lithohydrosphere Geochemistry of Inland Seas (GEOS, Moscow, 2003), Vol. 1 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. N. Gurskii, Lithohydrosphere Geochemistry of Inland Seas (GEOS, Moscow, 2007), Vol. 2 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.V. P. Zverev, Ground Waters of the Earth Crust and Geological Processes (Nauchn. Mir, Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Shepelev, Suprapermafrost Waters of Cryolithic Zone (Geo, Novosibirsk, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.S. R. Krainov, B. N. Ryzhenko, and V. M. Shvets, Geochemistry of Ground Waters. Theoretical, Applied and Ecological Aspects (TsentrLitNefteGaz, Moscow, 2012) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Sergienko, L. I. Lobkovskii, I. P. Semiletov, O. V.Dudarev, N. N. Dmitrevskii, N. E. Shakhova, N. N. Romanovskii, D. A. Kosmach, D. N. Nikol’skii, S. L. Nikiforov, A. S. Salomatin, R. A. Anan’ev, A. G. Roslyakov, A. N. Salyuk, V. V. Karnaukh, D. V. Chernykh, V. E. Tumskoi, V. I. Yusupov, A. V. Kurilenko, E. M. Chuvilin, and B. A. Bukhanov, Dokl. Earth Sci. 446 1, 1132–1138 (2012).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.E. A. Slagoda, Cryolithogenous Sedimentations of Laptev Sea Marine Plain: Lithology and Micromorphology (Ekspress, Tyumen, 2004).Google Scholar