UHPM eclogite of the Maksyutov complex (Southern Urals)
- 67 Downloads
This study reports the first find of a jadeite-bearing eclogite spatially associated with UHP ultramafic rocks of unit 1 of the Maksyutov complex (near the village of Karayanovo). Two phases of elcogitization were recognized based on mineralogical data, petrographic observations, and isotope geochronology. The first UHP metamorphic stage (533 ± 4.6 Ma, P > 4.4 GPa, T > 700°C) was defined by the assemblage jadeite + grossular-almandine + rutile ± phengite. This assemblage was later transformed into omphacite + grossular-almandine + phengite + albite + clinozoisite + titanite at a retrograde phase of stage I (392–485 ± 2–4 Ma, P > 3.1–3.4 GPa, T > 633–740°C) with decreasing pressure and temperature. The second prograde phase (360 ± 3 Ma, P > 1.1–2.2 GPa, T > 450–550°C) of HP metamorphism was marked by the development of a chlorite rim (almandine-grossular—pyrope-almandine-grossular, diopside, clinozoisite) around the eclogite body. A comparison shows that the studied eclogite and ultramafic rocks followed a common P-T-t path. Jadiet-bearing eclogites and meta-ultramafic rocks represent UHPM fragments of the mantle and crust, which were tectonically emplaced in quartzite schists of unit 1.
KeywordsDOKLADY Earth Science Diopside Titanite Ultramafic Rock Antigorite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. M. Valizer, A. A. Krasnobaev, and A. I. Rusin, Dokl. Akad. Nauk 441(4), 510–513 (2011).Google Scholar
- 2.Chervyakovskii, S.G., Ivanov, V.N., Kurzanov, I.Yu., et al., On the Age of the Malaya Patoka Granitoid Massif in the Near-Polar Urals and Its Formation Affiliation, in Ezhegodnik-91 (Yearbook 91) (Nauka, Yekaterinburg, 1992).Google Scholar
- 3.N. L. Dobretsov, Glaucophane-Schist and Eclogite-Glaucophane Complexes of the USSR (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1974) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.N. L. Dobretsov and L. V. Dobretsova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk 300(1), 195–200 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.Krylov, R.A. and Zakozhurnikov, V.P., Geologic Structure and Metamorphic Facies of the Salda Complex, in Metamorfizm gornykh porod Urala (Metamorphism of Ural rocks) (Gornyi Inst., Sverdlovsk, 1970).Google Scholar
- 6.G. G. Lepezin, A. V. Travin, D. S. Yudin, et al., Petrologiya 14(1), 109–125 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.B. V. Chesnokov and V. A. Popov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk 162(4), 909–910 (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Compagnoni, T. Hirajima, and C. Chopin, Ultra-high-Pressure Metamorhism (Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1995).Google Scholar
- 11.V. I. Lennykh and P. M. Valizer, in IV Intern. Eklogite Field Sump. (OIGGM SB RAS, Novosibirsk, 1999), p. 64.Google Scholar
- 12.P. Matte, H. Maluski, R. Caby, et al., C. R. Acad. Sei Ser. 317, 1867–1674 (1993).Google Scholar
- 13.E. J. Ravna and J. Paquin, EMU Not. Mineral. 5 (2003).Google Scholar