Gas-bearing ice crystallites in clayey deposits
- 39 Downloads
This work is dedicated to gas-bearing empty ice crystallites 100–500 μm in size, which were found for the first time in Paleogene diatomic clay in the upper part of the frozen sequence of Western Siberia. The spherical, caselike, and splintered crystallites with hexagonal and curved faces are not related to relict gas hydrates and are the results of shift deformations of plastic frozen clayey deposits under degassing of the above Cenomannian rocks. These data should be taken into account in modeling the fluid dynamics and geodynamics of the frozen sequences, including the shallow shelf of the Arctic seas.
KeywordsDOKLADY Earth Science Methane Hydrate Clayey Deposit Cryogenic Structure Etching Figure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. I. Mel’nikov, V. P. Mel’nikov, and V. P. Tsarev, Izv. Ros. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Geol., No. 2, 118–128 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.V. S. Yakushev, E. V. Perlova, and N. A. Makhonina, Earth Cryosphere 9(1), 68–72 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.I. L. Kuzin, Geomorphology of the Western Siberian Valley (Gos. Polyar. Akademiya, St. Petersburg, 2005) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.G. I. Dubikov, Composition and Cryogenic Structure of the Frozen Sequences of the Western Siberia (GEOS, Moscow, 2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Rogov, Principles of Cryogenesis (Geo, Novosibirsk, 2009) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Kurchatova and V. V. Rogov, Earth Cryosphere 17(3), 60–69 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.D. P. Grigor’ev and A. G. Zhabin, Ontogeny of Minerals. Individuals (Nauka, Moscow, 1975) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Popov, Practical Genetic Mineralogy (UrO RAN, Yekaterinburg, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.R. B. Krapivner, Root-Free Neotectonic Structures (Nedra, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.S. E. Agalakov and O. V. Bakuev, Geol. Nefti Gaza, No. 11 (1992).Google Scholar
- 12.A. N. Khimenkov and A. V. Brushkov, Oceanic Cryolithogenesis (Nauka, Moscow, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar