Electromagnetic sounding of the Kola Peninsula with a powerful extremely low frequency source
- 24 Downloads
Experiment on electromagnetic sounding of the Kola Peninsula using unique mobile measuring complex of the low-frequency sounding was conducted, allowing to investigate a geoelectric section with a depth of several kilometers on distances up to 100 km from the stationary transmitting aerial. Excess on the order of amplitudes of the vertical component above the horizontal at all frequencies of sounding was registered in a number of points of measurements. This feature managed to be explained quantitatively by circulation of current on regional faults with the closure of current through the sea—before unknown galvanic coastal effect. Interpretation of the results of modeling and neural network solving of inverse problem essentially specifies the fault tectonics of the central part of the Kola Peninsula. Anomaly remote from the observation profile was found out—local pinch of a crustal conductive layer consisting of graphitized rocks and associated with the zone of overthrust.
- 1.Geoelectrical Studies with a Powerful Current Source on the Baltic Shield (Nauka, Moscow, 1989).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Zhamaletdinov, Phizika Zemli, No. 4, 20–27 (1996).Google Scholar
- 3.E. D. Tereshchenko, V. F. Grigorev, M. B. Barannic, et al., Seismicheskie pribori 44(4), 43–62 (2008).Google Scholar
- 4.M. S. Zhdanov, Geophysical Inverse Theory and Regularization Problems (Nauchniy mir, Moscow, 2007).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Dmitriev and E. V. Zakharov, Integral Equation Method in Computational Electrodynamics (MAKS Press, Moscow, 2008).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Kovtun, The Structure of the Crust and Upper Mantle in the Northwest of the East European Platform (Publishing house of the LSU, Leningrad, 1989).Google Scholar
- 7.D. Rumelhart, J. McClelland, and the PDP Research Group, Parallel Distributed Processing (MIT Press, Cambridge, 1988).Google Scholar
- 8.G. S. Rubinraut, “Morfotektonics of the Kola Peninsula,” in Apatitys (Kola sub. of AS of the USSR, 1987).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Y. Vvedenskaya and A. K. Dertev, Neftegazovaya geologia. Theoria i practica, 2007; http://www.ngtp.ru/rub/10/020.pdf.
- 10.O. G. Sorokhtin and S. A. Ushakov, Development of the Earth (Publishing house of the Moscow State University, Moscow, 2002).Google Scholar
- 11.M. Kashkevich, Candidate’s Dissertation in Geology and Mineralogy Sciences (St.-Petersburg, 2000).Google Scholar