The age of high-pressure metasomatism in shear zones during collision-related metamorphism in the Lapland granulite belt: The Sm-Nd method of dating the paragenesises from sillimanite-orthopyroxene rocks of Por’ya Guba nappe
- 31 Downloads
The Sm-Nd isotope-chronological method is used for the first time to investigate the whole rock and rock-forming minerals from metasomatic sillimanite orthopyroxene rocks in the Por’ya Guba nappe of the Lapland granulite belt. As a result isochrone values of the age are obtained, which allows estimate the minimum time intervals that have passed from the moment of formation of the investigated rocks. They indicate that peak conditions of collision metamorphism in fluid-permeable shear zones of the LGB occurred in the Paleoproterozoic Svekofennian age when high-temperature high-pressure sillimanite-orthopyroxene metasomatic rocks were formed. The obtained data make it possible to assume that, with regard to the measurement errors, high-pressure metasomatism did not last over 10 Ma, and this process did not coincide in time with older medium pressure metamorphism.
KeywordsShear Zone DOKLADY Earth Science Sillimanite 143Nd Metasomatic Rock
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. S. Bogomolov, V. F. Guseva, and S. I. Turchenko, Geokhimiya, No. 9, 946–951 (2002) [Geochem. Int. 40, 855 (2002)].Google Scholar
- 2.S. A. Bushmin and V. A. Glebovitskii, Zap. RMO 137(2), 1–13 (2008).Google Scholar
- 3.S. A. Bushmin, D. V. Dolivo-Dobrovol’sky, and Yu.M. Lebedeva, Dokl. Akad. Nauk 412, 383–387 (2007) [Dokl. Earth Sci. 412, 106 (2007)].Google Scholar
- 4.S. A. Bushmin, V. A. Glebovitsky, E. V. Savva, et al., Dokl. Akad. Nauk 428, 792–796 (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.K. R. Ludwig, User’s Manual for Isoplot, Ex. Vers. 2.05 (Berkeley Geochronol. Center, Berkeley, 1999), Spec. Publ. No. 1a.Google Scholar