New data on the structure of the Vitoria-Trindade seamount chain (western Brazil basin, South Atlantic)
- 170 Downloads
In 2008, during cruise 24 of the R/V Akademik Vavilov, much of our research work was focused on the central segment (Jaseur and Davis seamounts, Dogaressa Bank) of the Vitoria-Trindade seamount chain (west of the Brazil basin) extending along 20.5° S. Work was conducted to survey the upper part of the sedimentary cover and to perform subbottom profiling. The samples dredged on the seamount slopes are represented by volcanites and Fe-Mn crusts.
KeywordsOlivine DOKLADY Earth Science Picrite Volcanic Edifice Leucite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. F. Almeida, Lepto. Nac. Producao. Mineral. DNPM (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.U. G. Cordani, Sul. Bol. IGA 1, 9–76 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.B. Steinberger, J. Geophys. Res. B 105, 11 127–11 152 (2000).Google Scholar
- 7.E. C. Alves, M. Maia, S. E. Sichel, and C. M. P. Campos, Rev. Brasil. Geofis. 24, 117–127 (2006).Google Scholar
- 8.Magmatic Rocks, Ed. by O. A. Bogatikov (Nauka, Moscow, 1983) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.L. N. Kogarko, Geokhimiya, No. 1, 5–13 (2006) [Geochem. Int. 44, 3 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 10.L. N. Kogarko and I. D. Ryabchikov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk 269, 1192–1194 (1983).Google Scholar