Neutron Diffraction and Spectrometry at the RADEX Pulsed Neutron Source of the Institute for Nuclear Research, Russian Academy of Sciences
- 27 Downloads
The RADEX pulsed neutron source based on a linear proton accelerator at the Institute for Nuclear Research, the Russian Academy of Sciences, has one vertical channel with a 4-m path length and three horizontal channels with path lengths of approximately 10, 20, 30, and 50 m. The source is characterized by an unconventional configuration: the target and the water moderator are located perpendicularly to the proton beam; as a result, the neutron spectrum is enriched with epithermal and cascade neutrons. Using the source, investigations in the fields of nuclear physics, condensed-matter physics and nanostructures can be performed. The results obtained using various path lengths of horizontal channels of the RADEX neutron source are presented. Test measurements are conducted and direct beam spectra for the horizontal neutron channels and neutron diffraction patterns of test samples are obtained. The resolution for different path lengths of the neutron source is determined. The possibility of performing phase analysis is demonstrated.
Keywords:pulsed neutron source epithermal neutrons neutron diffraction
This work was carried out using equipment common use center of the Accelerator Center for Neutron Studies of Matter Structure and Nuclear Medicine, Institute for Nuclear Research, Russian Academy of Sciences(unique identifier of the works RFMEFI62117X0014).
- 8.A. A. Alekseev, A. A. Bergman, A. I. Berlev, et al., Preprint No. 1325/2012, IYaI RAN (Institute for Nuclear Research Russ. Acad. Sci., Moscow, 2012).Google Scholar
- 12.V. N. Marin, S. I. Potashev, D. N. Trunov, et al., Instrum. Exp. Tech. 57 (6), 684 (2014). Google Scholar
- 13.J. Rodriguez-Carvajal, Comm. Powder Diffr. Newsl. IUCr 26, 12 (2001). doi 10.1134/S0020441214050169Google Scholar
- 14.V. A. Petrov, V. F. Sukhovarov, and R. D. Stokratov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 8, 110 (1983).Google Scholar
- 15.V. A. Petrov, V. F. Sukhovarov, and R. D. Stokratov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 6, 24 (1984).Google Scholar
- 16.V. A. Petrov, V. F. Sukhovarov, and R. D. Stokratov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 9, 104 (1984).Google Scholar
- 17.V. A. Petrov, L. I. Vershinina, V. F. Sukhovarov, and R. D. Stokratov, Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 57 (1), 127 (1984).Google Scholar
- 18.V. A. Petrov, V. F. Sukhovarov, and R. D. Stokratov, Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 56 (1), 72 (1983).Google Scholar