Influence of quantum fluctuations on the stochastic dynamics of the channeling effect of relativistic electrons and positrons
- First Online:
- 27 Downloads
A system of equations describing multiple scattering by crystal nuclei and electrons, and also quantum fluctuations of the coordinate and momentum operators of fast charged particles has been obtained. Quantum corrections to the classical equations of motion have been determined in quasiclassical approximations. A computer simulation of 855-MeV electron and positron motion in the (110) planar channel of a Si crystal has been carried out. The inclusion of quantum fluctuations in the equation of motion affects the dynamics of the electron channeling effect in planar crystal channels considerably; in particular, intense dechanneling (heating) occurs. Intense rechanneling (cooling) occurs in the case of positrons.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. A. Carrigan, Jr., Preprint FERMILAB-CONF-06-310-AD (Fermilab, Batavia, 2009).Google Scholar
- 2.V. P. Koshcheev, D. A. Morgun, and T. A. Panina, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz. 73, 1586 (2009).Google Scholar
- 3.K. V. Gardiner, Handbook of Stochastic Methods for Physics, Chemistry and Natural Sciences (Springer, Berlin, New York, Tokyo, 1985; Mir, Moscow, 1987).Google Scholar
- 4.V. P. Koshcheev and D. A. Morgun, Poverkhnost’, no. 5, 5 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.V. P. Koshcheev, D. A. Morgun, and T. A. Panina, Stochastic Dynamics of Channeling Effect in Crystals and Nanotubes (Poligrafist, Khanty-Mansiisk, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.M. L. Ter-Mikaelyan, The Influence of the Medium on High-Energy Electromagnetic Processes (AN ArmSSR, Yerevan, 1969) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.D. A. Morgun, V. P. Koshcheev, and Yu. N. Shtanov, in Proceedings of the 40th International Conference on Physics of Charged Particles with Crystals Interaction (Universitetskaya Kniga, Moscow, 2010), p. 65 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.V. P. Koshcheev, D. A. Morgun, H. B. Safin, et al., Poverkhnost’, no. 7, 48 (2006).Google Scholar