The effect of supports (Al2O3, Al2O3-CeO2 and Al2O3-CeZrO2) on the nature of gold-species in supported gold catalysts
- 123 Downloads
This work is concerned with the study of Au specimens produced by gold deposition on nanosized mixed oxides (alumina, ceria, zirconia) prepared by the sol-gel method using organometallic precursors. According to X-ray absorption near edge structure, extended X-ray absorption fine structure, transmission electron microscopy data, and ultraviolet-visible and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy measurements, mixed Al-Ce-Zr oxides are quite effective for stabilization of different gold specimens. The samples pre- treated in hydrogen at 150°C are characterized by the presence of gold Au3+ cations located on the surface in slightly disordered octahedral oxygen coordination. Metallic gold nanoparticles with a size of about 2 nm and gold clusters were found in the samples treated in hydrogen at 300°C.
KeywordsNeutron Technique Cerium Oxide Gold Catalyst XANES Spectrum Metallic Gold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.D. I. Kochubey, EXAFS Spectroscopy of the Catalysts (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1992) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.K. V. Klementiev, VIPER freeware, www.desy.de/~klmn.
- 7.N. Binsted, J. Campbell, S. J. Gurman, and P. S. Stephenson, EXCURV 92, Program Code (SERC Daresbury Laboratory, UK) (1992).Google Scholar
- 13.N. Weiher, E. Bus, L. Delannoy, et al., J. Catal. 240, 105 (2002).Google Scholar
- 15.ICSD Database Code 64701-Au0.Google Scholar
- 16.ICSD Database Code 8014-Au2O3.Google Scholar
- 17.ICSD Database Code 64701-AuAlO2.Google Scholar