Features of determination of thickness of dielectric films obtained in searching experiments
- 16 Downloads
The approach to determination of the thickness and the refractive indices of dielectric films obtained in searching experiments is discussed. Experiments of this kind often exhibit unpredictable values of thickness and refractive indices of films. Nondestructive noncontact methods of spectrophotometry and ellipsometry not involving preliminary preparation of samples are applied. The approach to determination of the thickness and the refractive indices of films is illustrated by means of samples of silicon carbonitride films obtained on silicon substrates by plasma-chemical decomposition of gas-phase trimethyl(phenylamino)silane.
KeywordsRefractive Index Inverse Problem Surface Investigation Neutron Technique Dielectric Film
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. L. Chopra and I. Kaur, Thin Film Device Applications (Plenum Press, New York, London, 1983).Google Scholar
- 2.N. V. Rumak and V. V. Khat’ko, Dielectric Films in Solid State Microelectronics (Navuka Tekhn., Minsk, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.B. M. Ayupov, Poverkhnost’, No. 4, 59 (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.B. M. Ayupov, S. F. Devyatova, V. G. Erkov, and L. A. Semenova, Mikroelektronika 37, 163 (2008).Google Scholar
- 10.M. S. Finarev, in Ellipsometry: A Method of Studying Surface (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1983), p. 16 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.D. R. Secrist and J. D. Mackenzie, Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull. 45, 784 (1966).Google Scholar
- 12.W. Kern and D. Puotineu, RCA Rev. 70, 187 (1970).Google Scholar
- 13.A. V. Rzhanov, K. K. Svitashev, A. I. Semenenko, L. V. Semenenko, and V. K. Sokolov, Principles of Ellipsometry (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.T. Shup, Solution of Engineering Problems on a Computer (Mir, Moscow, 1975) [in Russian].Google Scholar