Quantitative elemental and phase composition analysis by auger spectra: Matrix factors
- 25 Downloads
This work is devoted to the methodical support of composition diagnostics of near-surface layers, thin films, and layered structures with interfaces by Auger spectra in the course of ion profiling. Two alternative approaches used currently in diagnostics, elemental and phase analysis, are compared by an example of objects of the known phase composition, which are buried cobalt disilicide layers in silicon. Contributions of the ion sputtering, primary electron beam backscattering, generation and escape of Auger electrons are considered.
KeywordsNeutron Technique Auger Electron Auger Spectrum Auger Line Primary Electron Beam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Practical Surface Analysis: Auger and X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy, Ed. by D. Briggs and M. P. Seah (Wiley, Chichester, 1990; Mir, Moscow, 1987).Google Scholar
- 2.S. S. Voitusik, A. I. Zagorenko, and V. I. Zaporozhchenko, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz. 54, 1298 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Beshenkov, Yu. N. Parkhomenko, D. A. Podgorny, and E. G. Polyakova, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz. 69, 493 (2005).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Beshenkov, Zavod. Labor. Diagnost. Mater., No. 2, 17 (1996).Google Scholar
- 7.Handbook of Auger Electron Spectroscopy Ed. by C. L. Hedberg (Physical Electronics, Eden Prairie, MN, 1995).Google Scholar
- 9.S. A. Aivazyan, V. M. Buchshtaber, I. S. Enyukov, and L. D. Meshalkin, Applied Statistics: Classification and Reduction of Dimensionality (Finansy i Statistika, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.Handbook of Applied Statistics, Ed. by E. Lloyd et al., Vol. 2 (Finansy i Statistika, Moscow, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.V. G. Beshenkov, Yu. N. Parkhomenko, and D. A. Podgorny, Izv. Vuzov. Mater. Elektron. Tekhn. No. 3, 62 (2004).Google Scholar