EBIC investigations of GaN layers prepared by epitaxial lateral overgrowth
- 61 Downloads
GaN films prepared by lateral overgrowth are investigated by scanning electron microscopy in the electron beam induced current (EBIC) mode. A comparison of experimental and simulated dependences of induced current on beam energy has allowed us to determine not only the diffusion length, but also the donor concentration in different areas of a film. It has been found that the donor distribution is inhomogeneous and this inhomogeneity increases under fast neutron irradiation. This is indicative of the significant influence of structural defects on the rate of radiation defect accumulation. An anomalously slow signal decay outside the Schottky barrier has been found, which can be determined by charged defects formed at the merger boundary.
KeywordsDiffusion Length Neutron Technique Schottky Barrier Donor Concentration Electron Beam Induce Current
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Nakamura, GaN and Related Materials II, Ed. by S. J. Pearton (Gordon and Breach, Netherlands, 2000), p. 1.Google Scholar
- 6.E. B. Yakimov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz. 56(3), 31 (1992).Google Scholar
- 7.E. B. Yakimov, Zavod. Lab. 68, 63 (2002).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Petrov, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 166, 859 (1996) [Phys. Usp. 39, 807 (1996)].Google Scholar
- 10.C. Frigeri, Inst. Phys. Conf. Ser., No. 87, 745 (1987).Google Scholar
- 13.N. M. Shmidt, O. A. Soltanovich, A. S. Usikov, et al., J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 14, 13 285 (2002).Google Scholar
- 14.E. E. Zavarin, S. I. Zaitsev, V. V. Sirotkin, et al., Poverkhnost, No. 3, 11 (2003).Google Scholar
- 16.E. B. Yakimov, S. S. Borisov, and S. I. Zaitsev, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. (S.-Peterburg) 41, 426 (2007) [Semiconductors 41, 411 (2007)].Google Scholar
- 20.V. G. Eremenko and E. B. Yakimov, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz. 68, 1328 (2004).Google Scholar