Estimation of Spectral Resolution of Imaging Spectrometers from Fraunhofer Lines with the MODTRAN Atmospheric Model
- 5 Downloads
A technique is suggested for estimating the spectral resolution of video spectrometers in separate sections of the sensitivity scale via comparison of experimental survey results with model (calculated for the same observation conditions) Fraunhofer lines from a set of preset values. The maximal estimation errors of the technique suggested are within 0.5 nm at the considered test lines 700 and 587 nm for both mass-produced spectroradiometers and original video spectrometers.
Keywords:spectral resolution spectroradiometer hyperspectral imaging spectrometer MODTRAN atmospheric model
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest.
- 1.D. B. Balter, A. A. Belov, D. B. Vorontsov, L. A. Vedeshin, V. V. Egorov, A. P. Kalinin, A. G. Orlov, A. I. Rodionov, I. P. Rodionova, and E. Yu. Fedunin, “Satellite hyperspectrometer project for a small satellite,” Issled. Zemli Kosmosa. No. 2, 43–55 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.L. B. Liao, P. J. Jarecke, D. A. Gleichauf, and T. R. Hedman, “Performance characterization of the hyperion imaging spectrometer instrument,” Proc. SPIE—Int. Soc. Opt. Eng. 4135, 254–263 (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Berk, G. P. Anderson, P. K. Acharya, and E. P. Shettle, MODTRAN 22.214.171.124 User’s Manual (Spectral Sciences, 2008).Google Scholar
- 7.V. N. Ostrikov, O. V. Plakhotnikov, and A. V. Kirienko, “Estimation of possibilities of model and experimental control of radiometric calibration of a hyperspectrometer in the 450–1000 nm region,” in Proc. of VI International Conference “Geoinformation Sciences and Ecological Development: New Approaches, Techniques, and Technologies,” Rostov-on-Don, September 8–13,2013. Vol. 2, p. 332–333 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.V. N. Ostrikov, O. V. Plakhotnikov, and L. I. Chapurskii, “Estimation of capabilities of RESURS-II hyperspectrometer based on simulations of cubes with the use of high spatial resolution databases,” in Proc. of II All-Russian Scientific Conference “Problems of Military Geophysics and Environmental Control,” Ed. by S.S. Suvorov (A.F. Mozhaysky’s Military-Space Academy. St. Petersburg, 2012), vol. 2, p. 278–283 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.V. N. Ostrikov and O. V. Plakhotnikov, “Influence of preliminary processing of hyperspectral data on the quality of their thematic analysis,” Issled. Zemli Kosmosa. No. 1, 1–6 (2014).Google Scholar