Carbon Dioxide and Water Vapor Continuum Absorption in the Infrared Spectral Region
- 3 Downloads
Н2О and СО2 continuum absorption within the IR absorption bands depends on the frequency boundaries within which the local line contribution is accounted for. Correlation between the maximal value of this boundary and the line shape at large frequency detuning is observed for the 4.3-, 2.7-, 1.4-, and 1.2-μm СО2 bands, as well as for rotational and 1400–1900-, 3500–3900-, and 5200–5500-cm−1 Н2О bands. The continuum absorption can be unambiguously determined from measurements in the band wings if one assumes that it is purely continual there. Within bands, the continuum absorption cannot be determined unambiguously and depends on the local line contribution boundary chosen.
Keywordscarbon dioxide continuum absorption spectral line wings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Clough, F. X. Kneizys, and R. W. Davies, “Line shape and the water vapor continuum,” Atmos. Res 23 (3-4), 229–241 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.T. E. Klimeshina and O. B. Rodimova, “Continuum absorption in the 4.3-μm CO2 band,” Proc. SPIE—Int. Soc. Opt. Eng. 9292, 92920H (2014).Google Scholar
- 6.M. O. Bulanin, V. P. Bulychev, P. V. Granskii, A. P. Kouzov, and M. V. Tonkov, “Study of absorption functions of SO2 near 4.3 and 15-μm bands,” in Problems of Atmospheric Physics (Izd. LGU, Leningrad, 1976), Is. 13, p. 14–24 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.O. B. Rodimova, “Continuum absorption in the carbon dioxide spectrum,” in Proc. XXIII Intern. Symp. “Atmospheric and Ocean Optics. Atmospheric Physics” (Publishing House of IAO SB RAS, Tomsk, 2017), p. A89–A92 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 18.L. I. Nesmelova, O. B. Rodimova, and S. D. Tvorogov, Radiation Absorption in Rovibrational Molecular Spectra. Calculation Tecnique and Its Application to SO2, Available from VINITI, No. 6367–83 (1983).Google Scholar