Superstatistics of optical beam scintillations over thermally nonequilibrium paths
- First Online:
- 15 Downloads
Methods are presented for the analysis of sounding optical beam intensity variations at the exit of a nonstationary nonequilibrium path with the use of the superstatistics and nonextensive statistical mechanics. The connections of the first and the second moments of the experimentally recorded distribution functions of the intensity scintillations inside the subapertures of the output beam profile were applied to derive the models for nonequilibrium flows as well as the hypotheses about the distributions of the temperature and aerodynamic flow phase states over the path.
Keywordsopen optical channel Tsallis statistics turbulence superstatistics scintillation index
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.A. G. Bashkirov, Self-organization and the Second Law of Thermodynamics (Institute of Geosphere Dynamics Ras, Chelyabinsk, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.A. K. Aringazin and M. I. Mazhitov, Gaussian factor in the distribution arising from the nonextensive statistics approach to fully developed turbulence. http://arxiv.org/pdf/cond-mat/0301040.Google Scholar
- 15.P. Rabassa and C. Beck, Extreme value laws for superstatistics. http://arxiv.org/abs/1409.2415v2.Google Scholar
- 19.Integrated development environment (IDE) for R. http://www.rstudio.com/.Google Scholar
- 20.Graphical and statistical analyses of environmental data. https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/EnvStats/index.html/Google Scholar