Generation of aerosol and droplets in binary mixtures of saturated water vapor with air and molecular gases
Results of observation of the generation of aerosol particles and droplets in mixtures of saturated water vapor with air and molecular gases are described. The kinetics of generation of aerosol and droplets was studied in the absence of a monokinetic electron beam and under its influence on a gas mixed with supersaturated water vapor formed in the process of a controllable pressure discharge from a spherical chamber of 1.4 m diameter with the gas mixture into a vacuum reservoir ~40 m3 in volume. The generation kinetics was recorded by the low-angle laser beam scattering method (for droplets) and with an aerosol spectrometer (for particles). Experimental results show a significant dependence of droplet and particle generation on the ionizing radiation effect. The 3D computer simulation of the process of super-saturated water vapor condensation on ions by the lattice Boltzmann method (LBM) and molecular dynamics (MD) describes qualitatively the experimental results.
Keywordsatmosphere clouds molecules aerosol drop phase transition ionizing radiation computer modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.G. F. Krymskii, “Cosmic rays and the weather,” Nauka Tekh. Yakutii, No. 1 (8), 3–6 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.D. J. Wilson, Wilson Chamber (Izd. Inostr. Liter., Moscow, 1954) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.A. E. Nielsen, Kinetics of Precipitation (Pergamon, Oxford, 1964).Google Scholar
- 7.G. F. Krymskii, V. V. Kolosov, A. P. Rostov, and I. S. Tyryshkin, “Experimental setup for investigating the water vapor nucleation in an artificial atmosphere,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 23 (9), 820–825 (2010).Google Scholar
- 8.G. F. Krymskii, V. V. Kolosov, and I. S. Tyryshkin, “Vapor condensation under the ionizing effect,” Opt. Atmos. Okeana 23 (9), 826–829 (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. N. Ponomarev, A. V. Klimkin, A. S. Kozlov, V. V. Kolosov, G. F. Krymskii, A. N. Kuryak, S. B. Malyshkin, and A. K. Petrov, “Study of condensation of supersaturate water vapor under ionization of the atmosphere and accompanying characteristic IR radiation,” Solnechno-Zemnaya Fiz., No. 21, 58–61 (2012).Google Scholar
- 12.A. G. Amelin, Theoretical Foundations of Fogging during Vapor Condensation (Khimiya, Moscow, 1972) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.A. L. Kupershtokh, D. A. Medvedev, and I. I. Gribanov, “Modeling of thermal flows in a medium with phase transitions using the lattice Boltzmann method,” Vychislitel’nye Metody Programmirovanie 15 (2), 317–328 (2014).Google Scholar