Multiyear variations in aerosol condensation activity in Tomsk
- 27 Downloads
We consider the results of 13 years (1998–2010) of studies of the aerosol condensation activity in Tomsk. The long-term behavior of the condensation activity parameter exhibits, in addition to the annual cycle and its second harmonic, a tendency toward slower, ∼6–7-year oscillations. The values were maximum in 1998–1999 and 2005–2007. The annual average values were minimum in 2003 and 2008, i.e., in years when intrusions of subtropical air masses from arid regions of Kazakhstan and Central Asia were the most frequent.
KeywordsAnnual Behavior Atmospheric Optic Black Carbon Concentration Aerosol Composition Submicron Aerosol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. S. Ivlev, “Aerosol Effect on Climate Processes,” Optika Atmos. Okeana 24(5), 392–410 (2011).Google Scholar
- 2.M. V. Panchenko, M. A. Sviridenkov, S. A. Terpugova, and V. S. Kozlov, “Active Spectral Nephelometry in the Study of Microphysical Characteristics of Submicron Aerosol,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 17(5–6), 378–386 (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.M. V. Panchenko, S. A. Terpugova, V. S. Kozlov, V. V. Pol’kin, and E. P. Yausheva, “Annual Behavior of the Condensation Activity of Submicron Aerosol in the Atmospheric Surface Layer of Western Siberia,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 18(8), 607–611 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.M. V. Panchenko, V. V. Pol’kin, S. A. Terpugova, A. G. Tumakov, V. P. Shmargunov, E. P. Yausheva, “The Formation of Average Regional Aerosol Background,” Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 8(7), 579–580 (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.Climate of Tomsk, Ed. by S. D. Koshinskii, L. I. Tri- fonova, and Ts. A. Shver (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.M. V. Kabanov, M. V. Panchenko, Yu. A. Pkhalagov, V. V. Veretennikov, V. N. Uzhegov, and V. Ya. Fadeev, Optical Properties of Coastal Aerosol Hazes (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.P. N. Antokhin, M. Yu. Arshinov, B. D. Belan, S. B. Belan, T. K. Sklyadneva, and G. N. Tolmachev, “Long-Term Variability of Ozone and Aerosol near Tomsk and Justification of the Ten-Year Prediction of their Yearly Average Concentrations,” Optika Atmos. Okeana 23(9), 772–776 (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.P. Raist, Aerosol. Introduction to the Theory (Mir, Moscow, 1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar