Morphology and Transport Properties of Hybrid Materials Based on Perfluorinated Membranes, Polyaniline, and Platinum
The transport properties and morphological characteristics of perfluorinated membranes after deposition of the layer of platinum dispersion on the surface are studied. The significant effect of preliminary modification of perfluorinated membraned with polyaniline on the diffusion permittivity of the composite and the morphology of the layer of platinum dispersion is determined. Testing the composites as proton conductors with a catalytic layer on the surface in an air–hydrogen fuel cell has shown the effect of the asymmetry of the electrochemical characteristics of the membrane–electrode assembly at various orientations of the layer of platinum dispersion towards hydrogen and air flows. A higher catalytic activity of the composite membranes in the oxygen reduction reaction is determined in the case platinum dispersion is deposited onto the membrane preliminarily modified with polyaniline.
Keywordsperfluorinated membrane platinum polyaniline morphology diffusion permittivity hydrogen–air fuel cell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Lee, P.-C., Han, T.-H., Kim, D.O., Lee, J.-H., Kang, S.-J., Chung, C.-H., Lee, Y., Cho, S.M., Choi, H.-G., Kim, T., Lee, E., and Nam, J.-D., In situ formation of platinum nanoparticles in Nafion recast film for catalyst-incorporated ion-exchange membrane in fuel cell applications, J. Membr. Sci., 2008, vol. 322, p. 441.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Kayumov, R.R., Sanginov, E.A., Zolotukhina, E.V., Gerasimova, E.V., Bukun, N.G., Ukshe, A.E., and Dobrovol’skii, Yu.A., Self-humidifying nanocomposite membrane Nafion/Pt for low-temperature solid polymer fuel cells, Al’tern. Energ. Ekol., 2013, no. 13 (135), p. 40.Google Scholar
- 14.Kononenko, N.A., Loza, N.V., Shkirskaya, S.A., Falina, I.V., and Khanukaeva, D.Yu., Influence of conditions of polyaniline synthesis in perfluorinated membrane on electrotransport properties and surface morphology of composites, J. Solid State Electrochem., 2015, vol. 19, p. 2623.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Loza, N.V., Falina, I.V., Popova, D.S., and Kononenko, N.A., Influence of the polyaniline template synthesis conditions on its distribution in perfluorinated membrane, Sorbtsionnye Khromatogr. Protsessy, 2016, no. 5 (16), p. 663.Google Scholar
- 18.Falina, I.V. and Berezina, N.P., Diffusion of solutions in the course of the matrix synthesis of composite membranes MF-4SC–polyaniline and their transport properties, Polym. Sci., Ser. B, 2010, vol. 52, nos. 3–4, p. 244.Google Scholar