Peculiarities of the Pt(Cu)/C catalyst formation by galvanic displacement of copper in H2PtCl4 solutions
- 91 Downloads
Specific features of the formation of a Pt(Cu) catalyst by the galvanic displacement of electroplated copper (carbon support) in a PtCl 4 2− solution are considered. The composition, the structure, and electrochemical properties of Pt(Cu) deposits in different stages of displacement are studied by a complex of methods (SEM, TEM, XPS, voltammetry, etc.). The gradual formation of a stable “core(Pt, Cu)-shell(Pt)” structure with the average atomic ratio Pt : Cu ≈ 3 : 1 is observed. The results for PtCl 4 2− are compared with the analogous results for PtCl 6 2− published earlier. Particularly, the reasons for the differences in the steady state potentials established on the Pt(Cu)st/C electrode in the presence of PtCl 4 2− and PtCl 6 2− are discussed.
KeywordsPt(Cu)/C catalyst galvanic displacement of copper
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.Sintez kompleksnykh soedinenii metallov platinovoi gruppy (Synthesis of Complex Compounds of Platinum Group Metals), Chernyaev, I.I., Ed., Moscow: Nauka, 1964.Google Scholar
- 11.Dobos, D., Electrochemical Data, Budapest: Akademiai Kiado, 1975.Google Scholar
- 12.Yasin, H.M., Denuault, G., and Pletcher, D., J. Electroanal. Chem., 2009, vol. 638, p. 327.Google Scholar
- 13.Petrii, O.A., Tsirlina, G.A., Pron’kin, S.N., Spiridonov, F.M., and Khrusheva, M.L., Russ. J. Electrochem., 1999, vol. 35, p. 8.Google Scholar
- 14.Gladysheva, T.D. and Podlovchenko, B.I., Russ. J. Electrochem., 1999, vol. 35, p. 518.Google Scholar
- 15.Gladysheva, T.D. and Podlovchenko, B.I., Vestn. Mosk. Univ., Ser. 2 Khim., 1997, vol. 38, p. 3.Google Scholar